Shut down computer while sambapos is running?

Hi, I know it might be a stupid question, but I thought I’d ask.
Is it safe to shut down computer running windows 7 while sambapos is running? I mean I have done that couple of times and the program was able to start with no problems. But is that totally safe? Or not safe at all?
Thanks

It’s never good idea to shutdown a computer when any program is running.

What I need is to schedule shut down at night so the computer will have some rest during the night :wink: … How about an action or rule that will end the application at a specific time every day then I will schedule the auto shutdown 10 minutes after maybe?

Define shutdown?
The shutdown procedure on windows 7 can be changed in power settings can it not?
Ie what happens when you press the power button so it shuts down rather than just hard power off…
Alwasy do most to avoid hard power off but ‘shutdown’ should be ok.

1 Like

I never heard of a computer needing rest lol.

I have programmed the power button to shut down computer, so it shuts down computer properly. And my question was about when it does that while sambapos is running and if it will cause any problem to sambapos program. I know that windows 7 does close running programs properly when shut down is performed. But I thought I’d ask to make sure that no issues will occur. Thanks again

Well, they do :wink: to extend the life of many parts of your computer such as power supply, hdd, cpu performance, it’s better if you let it to turn off at night.

1 Like

To be fair its good practice, a computer thats on 24/7 is likely to die quicker, you reduce dust build up etc in vents/heat sinks/fans and if nothing else you’ll save electricity :wink:
It should shut it down properly, if you run samba in non full screen you can close with the X in the corner wihtout issue and expect if windows couldnt shut down normally you would get the dialog for forcing program close/shutdown which you dont with samba.
All my machines are shudown this way and not had issues relating to shutdown that way.

4 Likes

Technically if you use the Windows shut down option (or have it assigned to the power button), all programs are closed gracefully then the system shuts down, so you should have no issues.

We have some customers who don’t know anything about computers and we set up all systems so the power button shuts down windows. Never had any issues.

4 Likes