Slow performance on initial transaction, high CPU on "Samba.Presentation.exe"

@sukasem swapping hard drive to an SSD from old machine will feel like brand new! I wonder what would happen if I change my current entry-level SSD to the high-performance SSD.

One question, if I want to run RDP, is SambaPOS required to be installed on both machine or only the server?

That system isnā€™t even supposed to be running Windows 7, it was made before Windows 7 was released! ( http://www.touchpos.net/docs/posiflex/ks-6215.pdf )

The fact you managed to install Windows 7 is already quite an achievement! :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, VIA CPU is not made by Intel. As others say, itā€™s a really low performance CPU and dates back to when systems were using Windows XP.

@ricco if you want to run rdp then you usually only need samba installed on the server machine and other terminals rdp into the server
. now unless you patch the windows or have a version that allows rdp, then the other terminals can just remote into them. I would highly recommend if you are going down this path to get a little more powerful system so it can handle multi rdp.

Another way is having SQL database on server machine, then just install samba client on other terminals, and just type database address and info in non server terminal and that should work. This method requires less power and can take like as many as 5 or more terminals without a downgrade in performanceā€¦ Again for best results I advise to get at least a 4gb ram and any size ssd for server for second method, or a slightly more power CPU and more ram for rdp method.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice, based on my current situation I guess I prefer having SQL database on a server machine. But do you think VPS would work in order to access the SambaPOS by online access (as in the cloud server but for local system only)? So that another non server terminal would be able to access the database from the VPS from different location.

@markjw yeah, at least Iā€™m able to install Windows 7 in order to install SambaPOS V4 on this machine (sounds fair enough). Youā€™re right, I thought VIA C7 is intel processor (my bad).

Creating first tickets and first navigation of screens are always slower than usual as it creates required cache entries. Speed while creating second ticket was fine.

@emre No wonder then, I think I should have just be grateful to use SambaPOS and accept that how much I pay for the machine is what I get for the performance.

Is it possible to load the cache entries by the time the application start?