Sold item report

let’s say i sold 0.5 kilo of apple then 1 kilo later then 0.750 kilo , total is 2.250 kilo but in item sales report it show as 3 not 2.25 .
how i can change it in report to show as 2.250 kilo , not sold from this item 3 times ?

no one have any idea to help ?

You need to supply more information… screenshots of the following are necessary:

• Product definition
  • Inventory Item definition
  • Recipes
  • Ticket showing sales
  • Inventory Report template

I have lots of ideas but like QMcKay said we need more information so we can give you the right idea. I will be honest I read this post 15 hours ago and decided not to respond because it did not provide enough supporting information and I didnt feel like asking you questions to get that information at the time.

Pro Tip: To get the most from the forum and to get the best support for your needs its best to provide as much information about your setup that is relevant to your question as possible. This gets more interest from people to give you answers. Most people in community do not like to ask lots of probing questions just to get a starting point on the real issue.

1 Like

i have product called apple . i sell it as kilo not quantity.
tho some ppl come and buy half kilo and other buy 1 kilo . at end of day the report show how many time i sold this item not by kilo.
tho if i sold 2.5kilo to 3 ppls , the report show apple quantity as 3 not 2.5.
i’m not in front of pos now but i’ll try to show u when i get the screenshot later

I am very sorry but you just repeated the exact same thing you said in your main topic…

This should have given you an idea of what we need:

1 Like

i created product called apple and i sold 0.5 kilo

in item sales report it show as

how i can make it show 0.5 like in sales screen ?? cause i actually sold 0.5 not 1

Sigh, you creatively repeated the same thing. Read what QMcKay asked for and please show us that.

Well, I assumed you wanted to accurately track Inventory Consumption, but it seems that is not the question.

That is the default Item Sales Report, which does not deal with fractional Quantities…

[Group Sales by Amount:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
>Total|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum}

[Group Sales by Quantity:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.Quantity.Percent.desc,O.Quantity.Sum}
>Total||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum}

[Item Sales by Amount:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Percent.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
>Total|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum}

[Item Sales by Quantity:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Percent.desc,O.Quantity.Sum}

My initial suggestion would be this:

Do not sell in KGrams. Sell in Grams. That way you do not need to worry about fractions.

That said, there may be a way to modify the Report so that it shows fractional quantities, but I will leave that to @Jesse.

I find it interesting that the Report is performing rounding. The DB indicates proper Quantites, so is there a specific tag we need to use to pull out exact data?

1 Like

i don’t have inventory or recipe .
i don’t know what u mean with" ticket showing sales".
and for product defination i sell apple with kilo in my store , tho when some one want half kilo i press 0.5 then i press on apple icon . 1 kilo apple =5 tho 0.5k = 2.5 but as in report it said i sold 1 instead of 0.5

i want to show fractional quantities in the report

can i show fractional quantities in report ?? any tag for it ??

Well with V4, it did not allow for decimals in the Quantity when adding an Order to a Ticket, which is why I suggested you re-define your Portions to use a smaller measure than Kilo so that you never need to use the decimal.

It seems V5 does allow for fractional Quantity when adding an Order, but the Report Tag has not changed, so it does not know how to properly pull the data. I know there is Total and ExactTotal when calculating the Price, so I thought perhaps there may be ExactQuantity in addition to Quantity to deal with this, but it appears this is not the case.

So what are the options at this time?

• wait for @emre to change the Quantity field behavior, or add ExactQuantity
  • develop the report using SQL instead of Report Tags (knowing me, this is what I would do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • perhaps reverse-calculate the Quantity based on the Price and TotalPrice ? Should be possible.

Here we go … we can calculate accurate fractional quantity using Price and TotalPrice and it does work, but it turns out this is not necessary. Instead we just convert the field to an expression and it pulls the correct/accurate data.

[Item Sales by Exact Quantity:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Percent.desc,=[O.Quantity.Sum]}
>Total|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:=[O.Quantity.Sum]}

So, instead of using:

O.Quantity.Sum

we use this, which is a simple expression to perform calculation on field data:

=[O.Quantity.Sum]

The same applies for Group Sales by Quantity …

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.Quantity.Percent.desc,O.Quantity.Sum}

[Group Sales by Exact Quantity:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.Quantity.Percent.desc,=[O.Quantity.Sum]}
>Total||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:=[O.Quantity.Sum]}

4 Likes

Configuring a number formatter will do something similar.

O.Quantity.Sum;0.00

For example

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.Quantity.Percent.desc,O.Quantity.Sum;0.00:(ODI=True)}
>Total||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum;0.00:(ODI=True)}
4 Likes

@emre just worked perfect , THANK YOU :+1:

and thank you @QMcKay :+1: