[Solved] Request for product options

@pipo regarding original post I was talking about disallowing item sales by calculating how much items you can produce with your current inventory -on the fly-. For example disallowing hamburger sales because your ketchup inventory decreased below 0.

Tracking critical levels for individual inventory items is something different and it is in our to do list.

3 Likes

This only works in real time on the server
 Our terminal users had to logout, and login again Every time a product tag was changed. Not practical. The Message server seemed to work fine, exept for this. Could this Be solved?

Did you tried to broadcast the Update Program Setting Item Count values using broadcast message action and update terminals with message received action?

Also check that update program setting item count action is not local

sorry, i replied to the message of emre at the beginning
this is my rule (‘beschikbaar’=available)

what should i put in the command field?

do i put this extra action in the same rule as above?

Show a screenshot of this cancel order action.

it is the standard cancel action

Okay let me test it on my network.

@steakresto follow this tutorial it’s a much beter way and works just fine on terminals.
Limiting number of Items Sold
You can also lern from this tutorial how to lock items manually if yo don’t like to limit them on every work period.

that doesn’t work for me
 i have more then 40 items;
@emre
 is this a bug? or works as designed?
when i update an item tag in the backend application
the terminals (ipads) have to logout and login again to see the modification.
A real time available-indicator in the next version would be nice

Yes it works as designed.

You can use Reset Cache action to clear local cache.

To force all terminals to reset their cache use Broadcast Message action to send a message server message to all terminals and use Message Received rule to capture that message and execute Reset Cache action.

Implementing something to auto reset product changes might be useful. I’ll add that to todo list.

2 Likes