Spam email from Sambapos

Also as it’s scrubbed out the from address is same as the user address yer?
When you say send from outlook do you mean using that same smtp account? If it’s on a hosting server rather than a bigger mail server this will often count against you as server will have a lower spam rating vs say Gmail or office365.
Also if it’s shared hosting there is always chance of others on server sending lots of mail - maybe spam, maybe not but spam filters will judge by sending server not specific account. If another user on your server is spamming it’s quite possible the server gets rated down/blocked.
That’s why Gmail etc have strick policies on send rates and preventing outgoing spam to maintain their IP/server ratings.

If the hosting server or IP is detected as sending Spam all emails from the account would be classed as Spam. Only from Sambapos is it detected as SPAM nothing else. @Jesse could be right with the subject header. Hosting is checking it now. I am sending invoices and quotes so I dont see why I should have to add an opt out option. I will switch to Office 365 if it cant be resolved.

The way you are sending email is being considered as spam, because the way you send directly to an SMTP server in SambaPOS is the same way spammers send out emails in bulk. There is nothing you can do about it, it isn’t a SambaPOS issue. Only the spammers are to blame for this :wink: There is nothing SambaPOS does wrongly here, but the filters at the recipient email server is deeming the email to be spam because of how it was sent.

The way around it is either you whitelist the email address so it will not be considered as spam (easiest), most email services that have spam filers have options to whitelist addresses, or sometimes just adding the email to your contacts is enough.

The other way around this is to not send by SMTP and use a third party service like MailChimp, SendGrid, etc., to send the email out. You will need to integrate it into SambaPOS, but this way will get you past the issue of being considered spam. Note those services will likely charge, you may be able to use a free plan depending on your usage.

1 Like

Amazon web services might be a good option. Crazy cheap and have smtp option I’m sure. But they are strict if you do get flagged as spam to many times.
We use them for out marketing system and sure the booking system uses aws for most of it’s stuff too.
It’s something like 10cents per 1000 emails sent. And not as hard to get setup as you might think given you are competent it wise.

1 Like