SQL Query - Daily Takings

Good day community. What an amazing product.

I am writing some C# web apps for our restaurant franchise. I find it easy to interact with the MS SQL database. I do however have a question…

How do I calculate the current takings for the day or a time period in MS SQL and not the built in reporting engine.

Many thanks

Werner van Tonder

Why do you not wish to use reports? Have you looked at the GraphQL functions? They work really well with web apps.

I have not looked at the GraphQL yet, But this specific app needs to send hourly sales updates of each shop via whatsapp and sms to the directors.

GraphQL can read the actual reports and it’s simple syntax designed specifically for Web app.

I am a total noob at GraphQL. Do you have any starting URL for me to read up on it please. Especially regarding SAMBAPOS integration.

https://forum.sambapos.com/t/integrators-graphql-api-guide/14047

Awesome! Thank you . I shall give it a go

You will need to learn it… but if your serious developer or serious about your app you will want to use GraphQL its a much better feature than trying to manipulate the database.

Fully agree. I am a fan of any kind of API.

The really cool thing about GraphQL is its self documenting. So changes made to it will automatically show up and you can query all that with the Helper Web App included. GraphIQL

It can even be accessed via inside SambaPOS through rules.

Does SambaPos have tutorial classes to get a dev going from A to Z?

No everything is on the forums. you can get good info at kb.sambapos.com too