Suppliers Module

Hello everyone!

I am using warehouses+entities+accounts as suppliers and it works fine but can we have a seperate module for suppliers which is not warehouse based? A suppliers module where we can specify payment method to supplier based on payment types set in the system, input tax, invoice total etc. And produce a GRV document with Supplier details and items received on that particular invoice or per supplier.

Any idea??? How this can be achieved?

Warehouses will cause confusion on the Inventory End Of Day records to customers who want to see only things they are dealing with. All supplier warehouses appear on the EOD records screen and it doesn’t look good if you have many suppliers.

Well, unlike account transaction - inventory transactions dont need a source warehouse. So all your suppliers entities could be Local Warehouse and it will only increase with purchase transactions. I see no point in having multiple warehouses unless you are actually moving stock from Warehouse 1 to Warehouse 2.

Not long ago I also created a report that gives a list of all category purchases from suppliers and breaks it down to items, quantities, units etc.

3 Likes

It is also possible to create a custom designed Inventory Control system to completely replace the native one if needed. But such requires using quite lot of custom script and SQL so only a practical option for technically experienced developers.

SambaPOS is the most open and flexible POS system you’ll find but it can require investing a lot of time to learn how to make stuff work exactly the way you want.

Supplier Entities can have numerous custom fields specifying all sorts of settings such as order modes, such as email based, web integration type orders, payment settlement modes, anything you can dream up really.

You can also create various ticket types for handling the purchase orders, stock check-in and reconciliation, back ordering, regular order templates, order to par levels, handle wastage or any other operational details.

Maybe that’s not what the OP needs but I thought it worth mentioning.

3 Likes

any lead will be appreciated

Any lead for what? I am not understanding what you mean.

i was trying to browse through the forum and realized we have something in common.I mean just wanted to know on how to produce goods received vouchers .This user had previously asked for that and seem like he got no appropriate solution

I have not seen anyone in the community build that yet. Several of us understand it can be possible due to our deep connection with how SambaPOS works, but we also understand the complexity involved and would not have enough time to commit to a project like that. Your best bet is to study how the advanced scripting works, SQL, and automation of SambaPOS and attempt to build your configuration.

Unfortunately you may not get much response from the community by asking very vague questions for something this complex. You may get a response if you start building it yourself and learning how to interact and then ask for some help when you hit a snag but you must understand that there may not be anyone here interested in building it for you to show you how even though they may have the knowledge to do so.

look at kb.sambapos.com and study all the various reporting, scripting, automation tutorials available there. You might be able to get a good working knowledge to attempt this.

Thankyou sir For pointing out this ,i will work towards that

Our community is wonderful and I love visiting it every day. I personally do not have the time to dedicate to the community as I once did in the past. I really wish I did though as I miss it. I am working hard to grow SambaPOS in the USA and it takes almost all of my time lately.

I really miss QMcKay and Emre in these times. I feel our community is as strong as ever but it has definitely slowed down with their absence and my reduced time for it.

2 Likes

After you make an account transaction that credits supplier after the stock purchase you could possibly create a printer template that will print some sort of docket that can be signed by staff.

You could create different Transaction Types and put different supplier names in it and use (ITT=“SupplierName”) to filter out your suppliers. From what I remember you cant use use T.AccountName as an expression or maybe @Jesse here can point out which expressions could be used to filter out entities or account name if something changed.

I mean there are many ways to achieve what you need its just the matter of putting some work in.

ATechAsia
If you could point me on how to link this template with transaction types and call different supplier entities then i will be good

You can find Print Mapping options in Account Transaction Documents and create a new entity type for suppliers.

Regarding advanced stock control system …
I built it already with features such as Stock PO via ticket (printed shopping list), email, web ordering, Stock Check-In by barcode + 2 digit product codes for common non-barcoded items, Back orders, various payment modes, stock reconciliation, account reconciliation, wastage vouchers, batch stock consumption for pre-made food items which become sub-products for recipes (what we call “Preps”), and various other features. It’s designed to manage a fairly small but complex restaurant operation operated by 16 staff and supports 4 languages (here in Asia it is common to have foreign workers who learn to speak the local language but cannot read or write it. example Thai: พนักงานชาวต่างชาติของเราไม่สามารถอ่านภาษาอังกฤษหรือภาษาไทยได้ is not easy to learn, so we need everything translated into the worker’s language such as Myanmar: ဝယ္ယူမႈၿပီးျပည့္စံုသည္, Khmer: ពលករខ្មែរអាចអាននិងសរសេរភាសាខ្មែរបាន, Chinese: 许多中文看不懂英语, or whatever)

BUT this system uses lots of JScript functions to handle the business logic and interface with a custom data layer. Similar for language translation of UX, stock items, orders, etc.

It works quite well but causes SambaPOS to eat memory like crazy because of a few memory leak bugs which have still not been fixed. The memory pressure causes .NET to spend increasing amounts of CPU time trying to reclaim memory and that causes SP to slow down more and more to the point of being inoperative, and it crashes when the 32 bit memory limit of around 1.2GB is reached.

A workaround is to restart SP every 30 minutes or whatever according to the user activity, or perhaps create a background memory monitor which forces a restart with a user prompt, but those are obviously not proper solutions for a busy venue.

I have shelved the product waiting for fixes to the memory leak bugs.
Looks like Vehbi and team are working on it but they are obviously resource limited while other new projects are taking priority.

If it worked smoothly, this SambaPOS configuration would be the first product of it’s kind anywhere and suitable for 1000’s of similar venues throughout S.E Asia.

btw it also supports instant payments using Bitcoin via a self hosted Lightning payment gateway. Commission is somewhere between 0.0% to 0.5% depending on routing and coin used. Transaction time is around 2 to 3 seconds for BTC. Other cryptos can be readily integrated.

I think SambaPOS is the only POS which provides this level of customization!

Let’s see what happens …

1 Like

Hi,it would be necessary if you share what you did with us or at least show your screens shots here.

What he did was very advanced and would not be a configuration that would be simple. Likely it’s something that should probably live inside a developer marketplace one day as a SambaPOS add-on.

1 Like

My intention here was to show that SP can already be configured to handle the OP’s request. But as Jesse says, it’s not simple and currently requires good knowledge of SP architecture, extensibility via custom entity screens, automation, JavaScript, and SQL.

Unfortunately there are still issues with it preventing me from sharing it, and you would need to know how it all works to maintain it or make changes according to your needs. It still requires more testing, debugging and documentation before being suitable for deployment, and the Configuration Task system still has bugs and limitations preventing it being deployed that way also.