Tag Order Action doesnt appear to work

@emre

So I am adding an order to ticket, which if it has a portion triggers an ask question to select portion. Then i have an auto command delay set at 0.5 seconds which selects the last order added and fires another ask question to ask what order tag needs to be added

i can see the order being selected but when i select the ask question button it doesnt get applied as an order tag.

I have the order tag group set to hidden so it doesnt display the order tag screen here is the add order tag action, everything else works apart from adding the order tag once the button is pressed, heres the flow

add order and select portion

Then order highlights and secondask question appears to add the tonic

Select either option from the ask question but it isnt added as an order tag and the order stays highlighted

This is the rules and action that selects the last order and fires the ask question

This is the rule and action that should apply the selected button from the previous ask questions as the order tag

This is the iorder tag settings

Are you sure ask question isn’t losing selection? Did you try marking selection required?

Yea i tried both selected and not, the order stays selected so don’t understand why the tag isn’t being added to the irder

If you make it not hidden does it work?

Nope still doesn’t work, when not hidden the only difference is after I select the order tag from the ask question and the order stays highlighted the order tag screen then shows, and when selecting the tag from that screen it does then apply it to the order

So there’s something not right with the ask question applying the tag to the order

Definitely using tag order rather than update tag action right, made that mistake on the specials setup working on.

Ok so lets determine if Tag Order is not working or if its something specific to your setup.

Ok so Tag Order action works.

Making it hidden it still worked. So the action is working. Lets test it with Ask Question.

Ask question works just fine:

So something you did is configured wrong or interfering with it. Do you have any automation around Order Tagged or OrderAdded

Thanks for testing, I’m definitely using the tag order action and I’ve run the rule debugger and there’s was only one other rule running in the middle that has nothing to do with this rule, I deactivated it anyway and tested and that didn’t fix it

Even though other rules aren’t firing I’ve checked I’ve checked all order added, update order etc rules and can’t see anything, again i deactivated some and tested but no change

I’m going to try a show message rule to see if the command value is being captured from the ask question

so the show message action works and the correct order tag is shown so the issue has got to be something to do with my tag order action…

ive now even tried just having an auto command button to fire the ask question to add the tag, so select the order on screen, press the auto command, select from the ask question, but it still doesnt add it to the order

Are your order tags not different to your ask question button values?
I see tonic on tags but not on ask question

Thats it!!!

ive spent hours trying to figure out where id gone wrong and didnt realise i missed the work tonic off the end!!!

The auto command button works now, just gotta sort the select order in the right place so it applied from ask question

Thanks @JTRTech i wouldnt have spotted that!!