Tax Included on "Goods & Services" and Service Charges

lol… How you should calculate it for a $100 ticket? How it actually calculates?

You mean this?

All seems good except TOTAL GST should be $ 9.18 ($ 101.00 / 11 = 9.18181818181) IF Credit Card is chosen.
As Service has extra 1.00 charge which has GST Tax 0.09090909 cents extra onto the $ 9.09 GST Tax for the product.
Does this help?

[EDIT] Again the current display does not need to change as the Operator still must make a choice to pay it by Credit Card. If they do not then noting changes - but additional charges need to be determined to be TAX or NO TAX on any Payment Processor right?

(I assume since you have the checkbox “Tax Included” this was meant to work?)

FYI @emre here is the transaction and my “RED” workings of what it should be.

[EDIT]
I have also tested the Checkbox setting on the Calculation Type Template (see top image) and it currently has no effect on the calculations :confused:

So you want service amount to calculate from tax excluded ticket amount and add separate tax for service? Is it really how it calculates when tax included to prices?

PS: Tax configured product based as tax may differ by order type. That means we can’t directly use that tax configuration for calculating tax of service.

@emre I am surprised this has not been mentioned before - I guess the adding of a Service charge has been used in “No Tax” situtaions?

GST or Goods and Services Tax is applicable to any Product, and in my reference any Service under the Government Act listed on the official schedule

[quote=“emre, post:8, topic:9183”]
PS: Tax configured product based as tax may differ by order type. That means we can’t directly use that tax configuration for calculating tax of service.
[/quote].

From what I have seen say a Service Tax + Government Tax + Another Tax on an Ticket may be selective by Order Line i.e. PRODUCT GROUP & PRODUCT so I see you may have a product with NO TAX, you may have a product with Government Tax, and you may have a product with all 3 Taxes.

So which one do you apply to a Payment Processor, ummm.
I guess the Payment Processor needs to be tied back to a PRODUCT :smile: then all the Tax Setup can be absorbed from there?

Example:

Sorry @pauln I can’t follow that. Your samples are really complex. Service is not a product. In fact it is not different than discounts. Do you calculate discount tax and deduct it from tax amount? No. You deduct discount from order amounts and calculate tax from discounted price. Service is just the inverse. It adds %X to prices and tax calculates from that amount. However by enabling “Include Tax” setting (that does not mean tax included) you make SambaPOS to calculate service amount after tax calculation. Try disabling “Include Tax” setting for servicing template.

1 Like

Make no difference to calculation?

Sorry Emre for confusing you. I see your point about how do we tax the Service Charge using Tax Templates. I tried to thin of a “easy” way…

Calculation of what?

I think the tax included option confuses people. I think for what he wants he should manually calculate tax at order level then use service charge. This means tax template may not work for him but a custom setup using order tags similar to the discount tutorials might work.

1 Like

The end TAX result - with the $100 example above, the Tax is always $9.09 in both cases -> checkbox ticked or unticked under Servicing Template…

OK. Please skip payment processors and simplify that. Create a new $100 ticket. Add %10 service and configure %15 tax for ticket. Let me know what it calculates and what you expect it to calculate. When I see the difference I can better understand what you mean.

I hope your only referring to the Service Charge? I have never used a POS that does not operate like what Emre has established. Everything works great and it would be a “show stopper” if it did not.

My suggestion of relating a Service charge to a Product - JUST to get the TAX Schedule is how I would code it. The system could be further expanded to analysis on a Product called Service X.

In fact it is “include tax” (to calculation) but I agree it is confusing.

1 Like

I really can’t understand what you mean. I didn’t mean Sambapos won’t work.

Ok I will change our native tax “GST” defined in my Tax Templates from 10 - 15%. How do I add a 10% Service not using a Payment Processor?

You make a calculation and calculation selector with no header.

1 Like

Create a calculation selector and leave button header empty. It can be %10 Tax %15 service. Not important.

Ok so I have the Calculation already (1st image) - I will create the selector and change the Calculation to 10%…
Assume I add mapping…

1 Like

The result:

Trying to work the figures out :confused:

Awesome! For %15 tax this is what you should want. I don’t think there will be a different calculation method :slight_smile:

1 Like