The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size

Best advice is to upgrade to sql express and convert your CE to sql also update to current version 4.1.82

Hi kendash,
Thank you a lot for the feedback, I guess that should be better.

Can I please have a guide to migrate the existing database to SQL and upgrade of the software to the mentioned version. And I really need it urgent as the service has been down for more than an 48hrs now.

1 Like

How do i check what database platform is my Samba running on?

Login as admin and double click on samba logo in lop left.
There is a suffix on the window title bar showing the DB type.

Mines showing this. What do i make of that. Sorry for my less technical skills.

I started having issues as this thread indicates problem. Really feeling overwhelmed with solution.

Looking for guide to resolve. Any help is appreciated.

You are using CE compact edition.

What is my solution here, please?

It’s explained in the thread your responding too. Qmckay provided a link a few threads up.

Thanks.

I am a bit dull in this area of field.

Do i need to open samba database file (.sdf) in sql management studio to edit that string?

I have not seen tutorial added showing how to open which file to add that string.

You need to follow the guide posted above to convert your CE database to full SQL

All the info you need is posted in a full tutorial above

I am in the middle of installation. SQL Installation was completed.

I am trying to migrate CE to SQL express.

Encountering error with standalone 3.7 SQL Server compact 4.0 keep hanging up on me. Please help.

Finally got past the point of SQLCEToolbox getting hung. Now having issue due to Max DB limitation.

Apparently the Max Size has nothing to do with the DB itself; rather it is a default Memory allocation.

In any case, you should be able to configure the Max Size parameter when you define the connection to the Database File (SDF).

Thanks QMckay. That worked, i just changed value from 256 to 500 and output ran.

Now the problem i encounter is it exported more then 25 files instead of one per instruction on migrating. Which one should i use to copy and paste query.

Ive only done this once and ended up with maybe 5-6 files, I imported them one by one if I remember right.
Probably dependent on how long you ran in CE and how much sales history you have.

Sale history is 2-3 years.

I just copied the first file in SQL management studio. Created New Database and created query.

Now what do i need to do ?

Probably right then, just you have more sales history that the one I converted…

It was a while ago not but I just repeated the import of the files into the database and once all done away I went.

Think it too two attempts as might have missed one first time but was relitivly painless overall.

I am clearly confused now…

After i import these files to newly created database. What is next step to sync this database with SAMBA?

You put the database details in the connection string for samba.
See the SQL tutorial.

1 Like