Ticket ID in printer template

It should work I tested it before unless a recent change messed something up.

@QMcKay I just tested it on fresh database and it worked fine.

Ok, if it works great. Did you test it with <BAR>{TICKET ID} in your Template?

Because if you look at my screenshots above, they are the same as yours, except I have Show Message Action before and after the Save Ticket Action, and neither have a valid Ticket Id, so I just assumed it wasn’t working.

P.S. @royv546789, this is the Action you need to create, and add to your Rule

I inserted it directly into the template let me show you animated gif.

Ah, ok, I see @Jesse, I am not selecting an Entity, so the Ticket isn’t really closing, and apparently, it isn’t Saving either.

Hmm let me try testing that. Perhaps save ticket action wont work without a tag or something. We can add a error response I think.

You are correct its not working. It seems Save Ticket action is simply just a Hard Close visually ticket stays loaded. But with no tag or entity it cant hard close it.

1 Like

Now after create that action the error not appear more I think that is fixed

Its not an error its a feature. I know you are new to this but its good learning practice. You need to really understand the structure of the Rule Event system and something like this will help you understand it more.

1 Like

Thanks for your aclaration

the situation is the same now

Its going to be very hard for us to help you because your not giving us much information to work on.

I just try to scan barcode in ticket to find tickets but when I insert the code {TICKET ID} in printer template the balloon appear

That is a different situation. You will need to show your setup for that.

You shouldn’t get that error by scanning a barcode to Display a Ticket. You should only get an error like that by trying to Print a ticket.

1 Like

Just by try to print a ticket

To print a ticket by scanning barcode you will have to Reopen the ticket and run more automation. I am willing to guess you didnt set that up correctly. Can you show your setup for that?

no, I sale 3 product and go to receive the payment when I finish without the code {TICKET ID} in the template the ticket coming perfect but if I do the same procedure but with the code in template the banner show and not print

So show your template.

EDIT: Actually are you using Tables or assigning customers to tickets? If your not then it wont work you would need to move your Execute Print Bill action to Ticket Closed Event. Or you need to tag the ticket with a ticket tag or entity.

1 Like

If you are not always using Entities then when you Settle a Ticket, do you automatically Print the Bill after receiving payment?

If that is the case (no Table, no Customer), you need to find the other Rule that contains the Execute Bill Print Job Action, and post a screenshot here.

yes, I automatically print the bill after receive a payments; not entities those are all my rules: