Ticket Tags - Tendered, Change, Payment Type, CCinfo

Ticket Tags are a great way to store information along with a Ticket, especially if you need to look up information for a Ticket that was Settled days, weeks, or months ago, to review information about a transaction.

Ticket Tags can also be used in Printer Templates with {TICKET TAG:X} (where X is the name of the Tag) to provide extra information to your Customers on their Bill, or more information to the Kitchen Order.

This Tutorial shows a method of storing information regarding the Settling of a Ticket, to include the following:

• Tendered
  • Change Due
  • Payment Type (Cash, Credit Card (CC), etc.)
  • Credit Card information (CC type, CC digits, authorization or transaction numbers)

Example Display:

Actions to define your Ticket Tags - choose the ones that work best for your needs:

Name: AC Store Tendered Amount
Type: Update Ticket Tag
Tag Name: TND
Tag Value: [:AmountTendered]

Name: AC Store Change Due
Tag Name: CHG
Tag Value: [:ChangeDue]

Name: AC Update TicketTag PaymentType
Tag Name: PMT [:PaymentType]
Tag Value: [:Amount]

Name: AC CC Tender Type
Tag Name: CCtype
Tag Value: [:CCtype]

Name: AC CC Tender Digits
Tag Name: CCdigits
Tag Value: [:CCdigits]

Automation Command used with Ask Question action to request CC Type:

Action to Ask Question for Credit Card Type (CC Type):

Name: AC CC Type (Ask)
Type: Ask Question
Question: Select Credit Card Type
Buttons: AMEX=AMEX,Discover=DISC,Mastercard=MAST,VISA=VISA,Other=OTHR
Automation Command Name: AU CC Type (Ask)

Rules to capture Payment Processed of Payment Type Credit Card and fire Ask Question to get CC Type and CC digits:

CCtype: [:CommandValue]

CCdigits: [?Credit Card last 4 Digits:\d{4}]

UPDATE: as of v4.1.61, we can mask the input even better, use a simpler Numeric Keypad, and hiding the Cancel button, using:

[?Credit Card last 4 Digits;\d{4};;ON]

Rule to Tag Ticket with Tendered, Change Due, Payment Type, and Time of payment:

Actions:

Name: AC Update TicketTag PaymentType
PaymentType: [=Helper.GetUniqueString().substr(8,2)].[=Helper.GetUniqueString().substr(10,2)].[=Helper.GetUniqueString().substr(12,3)] [[:PaymentTypeName]]
Amount: [:TenderedAmount]

Name: AC Store Tendered Amount
AmountTendered: [=F(TN('{TENDERED TOTAL}'))]

Name: AC Store Change Due
ChangeDue: [:ChangeAmount]

Printer Template example:

[<L00>CC Info: {TICKET TAG:CCtype} ({TICKET TAG:CCdigits})]

6 Likes

Great info. This definitely enhanced my understanding of it.

Wow thanks for this tutorial !

Isn’t it possible to have more than one tender type? I thought it was possible to pay a part with cash and a part with credit card for example? Or have I got that wrong?

It is possible yes you can do that.

Oh, I see, so you would get multiple payment type ticket tags (like ‘PMT cash’ = 10 and ‘PMT credit card’ = 55) using this system

That’s a nice setup

It does not go in as Tender Type however its Payment Type {TENDERED TOTAL} [:PaymentTypeName] covers this. Yep its nice.

@QMcKay Since 4.1.60 we can now use masking for [?syntax] this would be a great way to ensure only 4 digits is allowed for the last 4 of CC info and it would restrict it to just numbers reducing any input mistakes.

@Jesse, I’m not sure what you mean. This Tutorial already uses a mask for CC digits.

[?Credit Card last 4 Digits:\d+\.?\d{0,2}]

I realize that mask isn’t correct for limiting to 4 digits, and it contains a decimal, (should probably be masked as simply [0-9]{4} or \d{4}), but this feature has been available for quite a while. Is there another area you are referring to?

Yes you can make it only show a numeric keypad not entire keyboard. and restrict it to specific input. It is near bottom of this tutorial.

1 Like

Wow, very cool! So this would work better as of v4.1.61 

Did I get that correct for: Require 4 digits, Ok button, Numeric Keypad?

1 Like

looks right to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Can also be used in the various discount tutorials
 making them even better :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice. I updated the Tutorial with the following, when running v4.1.61 or later

3 Likes

yes, that is really a GREAT feature!!!

G.

Hello, Thanks for your Tutorial, I pursue it step by step to reach this part.
But when the ticket reopens and settle the payment again, Both the new & the history indicated on the ticket print.

Is there any method to clear the OLD record for reopening a ticket?

Thank You.!!!

It should be possible.

Let’s take a look at what we’re storing in Ticket Tags, and how they are being stored.

The Ticket Tag Name is to the left of the colon (:) and the Tag Value is to the right of that.

These Ticket Tags would be easy to clear, since their Names are not dynamic (the Names don’t contain DateTime):

TND
CHG
CCtype
CCdigits

These Ticket Tags will be a little more difficult because DateTime is part of their Name as well as the Payment Type, so I’m not sure if it can be done:

PMT 14.30.253 [Credit Card]
PMT 14.30.802 [Cash]

For the “easy” Ticket Tags, we need to create an Update Ticket Tag Action to fire when a Ticket is Re-opened and Payments are Cancelled. This Action can go in the same Rule that handles the “Re-Open” Automation Command.

Action - Update Ticket Tag:

Rule - modify the Rule that contains the Cancel Payment Action, and add 4 Clear Ticket Tags Actions:

@emre, for the “difficult” Tags, is there anything we can do? I see there is an Event for Ticket Tag Selected, but there is no accompanying Action 
 can we use this Event somehow?

I am unable to get desired result

[Payment Detail:2,2, 2]
Payment|Type|Total
{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TT.PMT,TT.CCtype,TT.TND}

TT.PMT—shows nothing

Actually want to have payment summary something like this:
Cash 2 22.90
VISA 1 30.12

This is because PMT is not the name of the Ticket Tag. It is the same difficulty as with the previous post for clearing these Tags, because the name of the Ticket Tags in this case are dynamic, including the Time and [Payment Type]. These are the actual names of the “PMT” Ticket Tags:

PMT 14.30.253 [Credit Card]
PMT 14.30.802 [Cash]

lol. I was wondering the reason of having ticket tag descriptions item in my to do list.

1 Like