Ticket Tags - Tendered, Change, Payment Type, CCinfo

You won’t be able to remove the PMT Ticket Tags programmatically because their names are composed with a timestamp, and you have no idea what that timestamp will be.

You can only alter or remove the TND and CHG Tags since their names are “static”.

1 Like

i have notice that if one single person pay tickets by master and visa only the last payment mode entered is shown not both.

how can i show both values?
is it possible to store master , visa in the same varialbe like combining two strings with ‘,’

I’ve implemented Description parameter for Pay Ticket action.
for next version.

6 Likes

any way to combine two values?
like CCtype = [:CCtype] (old) + [:CCtype] (new)

1 Like

Yes, just remove the + symbol…

[:CCtype] (old) [:CCtype] (new)

But as stated already, the Tags shown here have a date-stamp as part of their name, so you have no way to know what they are in order to access them.

i am combining the [:CCtype ]in action getting this VISAVISA so does this means its dues to date stamp or i need to put it in rule

or i just take another ticket tag store old value there and then combine the old and new in action

Yes.

I cannot tell what the Rule is doing or when it is firing, or what it contains without you showing screenshots.

No.

THIS is what i am trying

but show message is not firing so cant tell what storing in CCtype1

and result is last value of CCtype

OK. @madiha sorry for that but looks like you’re dealing with a case that was not meant to handle with this tutorial. In general trying to store something “multiple” inside something “single” even a hard task for programmers. To solve that smart guys invented formats like XML or JSON. I mean this is something complex and that’s why I’ve implemented payment descriptions to allow you store descriptions for each payment item. I’m not saying impossible but even you solve that you’ll have lots of maintenance issues to keep that info stable. I mean postponing that feature to V5 might be a better idea.

btw Show Message will not work if message is empty. You can assume [:CCtype1] does not have a value. It is a good practice to add a prefix to the message like >> [:CCtype1] so you’ll understand if value is empty or show message not working at all.

1 Like

it was related so i discussed here

i understand there are certain limitations in programming so that’s what i was asking whether it is possible or not

something new for me

thanks

I’ve immediately implemented a new feature for you but couldn’t make you happy, lol.

well you are giving a new feature --------that is more than enough to make me happy :slight_smile:
its only matter of time now.