Till Float and Petty Cash Issue

Hello, I followed @RickH tutorials about Till Float and Petty Cash:

Anything works fine, but Samba ask two times the ammount when I click Enter Float and Petty Cash Out buttons, screenshots for a better understanding:

The green button its my Enter Float button:

When I click that button, Samba shows my custom keyboard to enter amount and press OK.

Then Samba ask again for a description and amount, Samba shouldnt show this screen:

The same thing happens when I click the Petty Cash Out button in Payment screen.

Action for the rule that displays custom keyboard:

[?Ingresar Fondo;(\d{1}.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2}|\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}\d{1}?.\d{2})?|0;;CON;49,50,51|52,53,54|55,56,57|190,48,8]

What am I doing wrong??? I followed the tutorial again and again and I couldnt find mistakes, any help its appreciated!

zip & PM me your database backup.

Hmm…I thought you found a bug but this is a configuration mistake. You somehow translated variables like Mondo, Descripcion, etc in Balance Fondo rule but it remains as Amount, Description in Balance Fondo action.

Remove action, save rule an re-add action to refresh variables. Don’t forget to backup before changing anything in case you might want to roll back.

Also update to SQL Server Local DB instead of using SQL Server CE.

2 Likes

I did what you say and now it works fine.

Maybe I can help describing the way I got this mistake:

1- I created the rules using :Amount and :Description (in english).
2- I changed the rules replacing by :Monto and :Descripción (in Spanish).
3- Something was wrong, so I decided to go back to english :Amount and :Description

Thank you very much @emre !!!

If you edit an action you have to remove that action from rules save it and add it back in. It does not auto refresh changes made to actions in rules.

1 Like

Good to know that Kendash, Thank you!

greetings I was following the same tutorial and everytime I want to enter a float :

hope some one could help have a nice day

Type in the decimal amount as well. The Mask expects it…

thank you Q have a nice day

Hi again I am trying to make my flow more systematic and I see that when using the module of accounts the sales of previous days are added which does not allow me to make a daily consiliation of my operations it is possible that only appear the numbers of my sales of the Day and not the sum of all? Try filtering by work period in account types but no luck

It should only show the current days sales, if it doesnt you probably havent been closing work periods every day

Once a work period is closed the accounts screen is reset

Hmmmm, not sure about reset…
Pretty sure there is an option the the accounts section regarding accounts screens which includes a date range and think all time is default

Actually maybe im getting confused with when i erase all transaction data when testing, that definitely resets it haha

1 Like

I am trying to use petty cash feature but all images in tutorials are not loading…

Maybe check your internet?

I mean in this tutorial images are not loading…

Likely because it was old and they got broken when it got moved and merged. @mehmet did those pics get deleted somehow?

Hi, we are not moved or removed. But It may be due to updates from the Discourse.
I’m investigating, trying to figure it out. I’il give you information.

Edit:
Just like I thought.
Discourse was unable to update part of the images at version transition.
I switched manually.

Please let us know if you see it elsewhere.

2 Likes

I noticed it in some older posts as well. I will check them out and let you know if I find any.

1 Like