Time Clock - Basic Time Tracking

I removed this action TC_Login EntityState but same result sorry for this newbie question

I think people here should sell this kind of configuration
like a download file = )

Remove Action TC_Login EntityState from the Rule and Save the Rule.

Find the Action TC_Login EntityState in Automation > Actions and change the parameter that contains [:EntityId] so that it uses [:entId] instead, and Save the Action

Open the Rule and add the Action back in to the Rule.

1 Like

wow I did not expect that where should I paste that

1 Like

ok I was able to import the file but i got this::sweat_smile:

The file only contains Automation (Rules/Actions). It does not include anything else such as that Entity Screen or Reports or SQL scripts, etc.

Thanks for the in depth detailed tutorial. I followed by most typing it in and/or copy and paste so that I can learn along the way. However, It did not work! So I cheated (LOL) and use you zip file and it works so far(still need to work out how to manage the navigation screen. LOL

Hello
I was reading your and kendash tutorials and what i realized that you don’t have user linked to entities but kendash have it. And kendash have only db tools not tutorial.
@Jesse can i get a db tool for v5? Or a tutorial for basic time clock?
And can i import db tools in sql express?
Actually the thing m looking for is to link users with entities, so when a cashier log in to samba the entity will come to the tickets automatically and cashier don’t have to select entity on each ticket.
If I get this working I could be able to add all users which are also entities such as cashier 1,cashier 2 into the account screens.
In account screens I would be able to make tree for each cashier according to their payments, which is not possible right now in accounts to categories payments according to the users. As well as their pay roll.

I will not be writing a tutorial for this however you can create a test database and import the setup for testing. Once imported study it and export the parts you want to your production system.

PS. the DB tools file will work fine for v5.

3 Likes

would it read finger print data?

Depends on what is output by the reader and how it comunicates with Windows.
RFID and MSR are just HID that quickly input a number/stringas if they were a keyboard.
Not used fingerprint readers but believe many require app/software to process the data.

did that make a differncence. TC_Punch (ask) or TC-Time Clock Punch (Ask)

Sorry thanks I got it … and we can jeep taking of the hours but here ther are paid daily (but I want keep track of the latecomers) , can we change the salary manually at the end of the week ?

Ok try to remade again… I wanted to know if its possible to add entity button until entity grid for my report viewer… i can put my entity where ever I wanted so if I have 6 employees I can make 3 x 2 entity

Just so you know Q is no longer with us. He passed away a while back.
I would recommend taking a look at the newer time clock or Jessie’s 7shifts intergrated setup which would be my choice.

1 Like

do not found him or the post… and just try a fantastic thing … the Zip he post … evevry thig workin but the report vewer

I think maybe it’s in the beta forum.

Have a look here though.

Jesse is still with us so would likely be able to assist if issues.
As I said Q is no longer in the world so wont be able to reply.

You already found it then…
You dont need a zip.
If you look at beginning he has shown config task githup links which you can add to sources in samba and run the task to ‘install’ the setup.