TimeTrex Community Edition Integration: How to integrate third party Payroll/Time Clock software into SambaPOS

@antasp3136 if you followed mine and @emre’s dialog just now… this could be good news for you :stuck_out_tongue: I personally cannot wait to try some of these ideas out.

Actually I like the idea of using cards… what i was going to do is create a single entity screen on a terminal where they will clock in and out from and only that terminal will have that entity screen… if we can use just swipes… or scanned barcodes and have it clock them in on one terminal that would solve my issues… basically a digital time clock… take all the users responsibility out of clicking the button to clock in.

1 Like

Amazing idea I like it.

OR… Maybe even a seperate Department just for the timeclock… just an idea.

1 Like

Yep using a department for it could be a good idea.

I’ve implemented something. I’ll add some screen shots now and if needed we can talk about implementation details after releasing new version.

New features:

1. Load Entity Action Added.
  2. Setting button colors via set widget value.
  3. Button image for automation command widget.

I hope there is no issues with these random beautiful people images… This is our fictional Time Clock screen.

When clicked it asks PIN number. This is a custom entity field.

If entered PIN is not correct we can warn user.

If PIN matches we’ll ask if she’ll clock-in as her entity state is out.

When clocked-in she becomes blue (ok sorry just jk. button color becomes blue)

On second attempt question changes.

Entity’s Time Clock status changes on each selection. That may open a path for more detailed implementation with time trex.

4 Likes

WoW very very nice. Can not wait to try that.

Wow that’s nice… Not sure it will work in a full service restaurant with many employees… That happen to change a lot. I do like how it realizes that the user is clocked out and the states change. That’s what I want but for user that is logged in. Not have a generic login that multiple people use. I’m all about tracking everything everyone does. I’m a implementation engineer for a dental software and support company. I’m just working on this to help my parents so I need it to be simple as well. Having them add users and pictures to a entity screen is going to be more work.

What he showed is not a generic log in that many people use… its specific for each person. And it is showing if clocked in or not which is what you asked for. You would not have to use the picture ID portion of it, I personally like that idea however.

Can you explain what you meant here? Because he pretty much implemented something that answers exactly what you were asking me if we could implement exception is just the pictures. Assigning pictures is optional but its very useful especially considering it can be used for other things not just time clock.

What I am working on now is a better integration where it can call info from TimeTrex using the API and display that on an ENTITY Screen. I would initiate it with command buttons… example… Entity Jesse presses Command button for View Schedule… it fetches the schedule for Jesse from TimeTrex using PHP and displays it on an HTML Widget… I just need to figure out all the steps I would need to do for it to work. This includes how to manipulate the TimeTrex api correctly.

I just meant that waitresses change quite a bit in resturants… so id rather not have a screen of names for people to choose from in order to clock in… Id just like to have a entity screen with one button to clock in and out from… and if they are clocked out it is white… and once they clock in it changes colors to blue like @emre has in his screen shot. I also like how it asks and knows if they are clocked in or not. kind of like this…

What im trying to do is have a simple clockin terminal…
-Have a user swipe a magnetic card to log into samba… then it goes directly to the clock in screen… they press clock in and then it asks if they would like to clock in for the day and they confirm it… then when they are ready to clock out they go back to the terminal and swipe their card and click clock out and it asks them would you like to clock out for the day…

-once that all happens i would like for the system to then not allow any user to use samba unless they are clocked in… kind of like how you had it when it checked on first login and if they are clocked in… if they are already clocked in it will not even show the message but if not it will tell them they need to clock in before they can use the terminal and then when they click ok it closes the terminal…

That should be doable. You can make a button like you listed when pressed it prompts to enter the Entities Pin which would then select the entity and execute the function according to button. The rules can call the Entity by reading the Value.

@emre can you post the tutorial for the timeclock screen you setup… I would like to see how you set it up and how i can modify it for what im trying to accomplish…

I am in middle of building this system (MODIFIED) for my own system. I will post it when done. If you have not figured it out yet look for my update it might help you.

1 Like

Here is some progress on it if you want to take a look. I can explain how I did some of it if you wish to know just ask.

1 Like

Wow!.. Good job can’t wait to see the tutorial!..

Silly Question, Maybe I just Havant had enough COFFEE yet this morning. But where do I find my URL for timetrex to adjust it in the script?

You would know if you setup TimeTrex correctly and have used it. When you install TimeTrex it provides the link.

Thought I would update this thread with some news that I will be rewriting my TimeTrex integration tutorial soon once V5 releases. A lot has changed and I am proud to say with the support of new features from V5 we are able to directly integrate TimeTrex via JScript and API calls to your webserver.

2 Likes