Tracking Promotions by Points

Hi emre

How to set up different point for different product?

Tutorial already shows how to set up 6 points for Coffee and 8 points for Juice. You can change Points tag for other products.

Did you meant something different?

HI Emre

Yes I mean add point ( if they buy coffee they get 1 point if they buy salad they get 4 point)

or can we set every $ they spent = 1 point added to the account? ( right now you set as Quantity if I understand right)

OK. This tutorial assumes customer earns 1 point for every promotion item they buy. You can create an additional product tag (for example Reward) to configure how many points that product will add and change Update Customer Points... rule to [=TN('{ITEM TAG:Reward}') * {QUANTITY}].

Hi Emre

[=TN(’{ITEM TAG:Reward}’) * {QUANTITY}]

That works but I have to put reward point in every product which is lot of manual work

I tried this [=FF(TN(’{TICKET TOTAL}-{TAX TOTAL}’)-0.50,‘0’)] but no luck :frowning:

putting the above format I thought I can get subtotal round down to number (subtotal $5.25 --> 5 point) but no luck

if any one can figure out, please replay this way we can configure reward point to every $ customer spent = 1 point and even slow business day business owner can offer double the point by simple adding *{2}

@allmixedup this configuration is based on point based promotion. For configuring payment based promotion please review sample file included in SambaPOS Loyalty Card Features topic.

Dear @Emre, I am starting to use this promotional points module, but i have one silly question…
After I redeem the points it takes a lot to see the new amount of point the customer has… as a matter of fact it does not update customer points until I create a new ticket, is that correct?

THANKS!"!!!

G.

It should update the Points as soon as the Ticket is Settled (Paid). Displaying the Points that the Customer has Earned seems a little tedious though.

It could be stored in a Ticket Tag along with the Ticket, but I’d rather be able to see the Points (and Account Balance) on something like an Entity Grid.

Hi there @QMcKay, I have to open a new ticket to see the redeemed points substracted…

Thanks!!!

G.

We intentionally update points after payment to prevent fraud. If we update it immediately operator can sell free items by adding fake orders.

You can change it as you wish :slight_smile:

Great tutorial and great product @emre. But how can we prevent points from being deducted if customer does not have enough points? Example: Customer has 100 points and tries to use them for a product that requires 150 points, what happens is the warning message is shown but the 150 points are deducted anyway.

@emre As I tried to install through tools module but there is a error , than I tried to do manually the first step product tag , There is only one product tag tab its been used by Kitchen Group , Is there any way to implement points promotion ? please

We do not know what error you mention because you have not shared this with us so it will be hard to help you with it. Your question is extremely vague with almost no supporting information. We can not understand what you want without clear explanations.

Please share with us what you are trying to do and give us more details about your system and how you have set it up so we can maybe provide suggestions.

@kendash Hello there, I want to implement points promotion I downloaded .zip file but when importing there is a error message , so I thought do it manually as guided in this page but the first step of the setup product tag Captions been used by Kitchen group as I want the products grouped so I did that setup , I cannot type points in the product tag captions , the question was that thanks for reply

What was the error? If you can share this we might be able to fix the import.

I am sorry but you basically just asked the same thing twice and still have not provided much information to work with. Not everyone’s system is the same and it could be something you did wrong but we have no way to know that unless you share more about your setup and or what you did to try and set this up.

I’ve reproduced the error. Sadly the code I’ve implemented to import duplicated actions caused an issue for that file. I’ll try to refresh it with a working one.

1 Like

@emre Thank You So much u got it

This is new import file. You need to manually create a custom numeric field named as Points for Customer entities.

PromotionPointsNew.zip (1.3 KB)

Install 4.1.82 (or latest one) before importing as it fixes an issue with rule importing.

Note for advanced users. This issue relates with importing rules that you already have. Old importer was keeping already existing action mappings inside rule. Now it will remove all already existing actions inside rule and import new ones. That makes more sense for most cases. Please consider that if you need to export default rules for public samples.

2 Likes

@emre PLS PLS PLS Few Requests PLS PLS As this is wonderful software , I tried many but this is my favorite like the design , only confused the price definitions for my scenario

In My restaurant we have one menu products BUT Different price for Take Out And Dine In

• If we can make additional option for product that delivery price? take out price? dine in price?

*(A)Every CID order or phone order or even walk ins Staff will ask would u like take out or dine in I need this option so I select type of service so price will automatically updated

*(B) if CID order place order than by clicking service type the price will automatically updated

I Have tried in price tag way and department way I have few suggestion and bit hard for me

If a phone call comes I select customer enter order but if the pos was in dine in before call comes it charging dine in price , Second thing if customer said take out ordered few than change mind to have here I am deleting all of them and re enter in proper department
I just want this samba to use But if Some one setup this for me I will pay for the service pls any member help on this so I can go live as soon as

I use this tutorial.
My card has been operating for half a year…

but recently noticed an error if the cardholder cancels the order (Order Void) he still charged points…

I Do not know how to remove this problem…