Trying to add Automation Commands to Account screen

I have 4 automation commands (to print discunt vouchers) that are not displayed in any screen, but now I would like to add them to the account screen that I created.
so far the command buttons are working… but as soon as i add hem to the Account screen and I try them, thye dont work.
Also, as I did not know where to put the buttons in the mapping screen used the Display in Command Selector wich I dont know where it is or what it means…

here are the screens

I am sure I did something wrong, but i dont know where, and lately I am a little bit distracted.

Thanks!!!

G.

I have 3 buttons on one of my Account Screens, and they all work fine. They still need Rules and Actions to function of course.

Change WiFi:
mapping: none (it shows on the Account Screen & custom Table Entity Screen)
fires actions to store Program Setting Variable {:WiFi}, and launch WiFi Router page

Calculator:
mapping: none (it only shows up on the Account Screen, nowhere else)
Rule fires action to Start Process Calc.exe

Open Drawer:
mapping: Ticket & Payment
Rule fires action to Execute Print Job using a Template that sends a Drawer Kick

I have all 3 of these selected in the Account Screen setup, using Account as the Command Parameter, which is not applicable for the function of these buttons, and they all work as expected.

Note that 2 of the Automation Commands are not mapped, and they still function properly.

The only small issue is that the command Buttons are not the correct COLOR as defined in the Automation Command setup, for example, Change WiFi ))) should be Red:

1 Like

@QMcKay, how do you get the input of WiFi password? Or how do we add an input place holder in the account screen?

Some password-protected pages will allow you to send the username and password in the URL as such:

http://username:password@192.168.1.1

I still need to manually change the wi-fi password after the Router Login though.
REQUEST: if anyone knows how to write a SH/SSH script to change the Wi-Fi access password (including router login), or can get me started, please let me know!

@QMcKay, what I meant is how do you get the new value of the {:WiFi} variable? Can this be an input on the account screen?

Router Wi-Fi Password Change Setup has it’s own Topic:

1 Like

@QMcKay, some Netgear routers allow SSH access. Also have a look at Ubiquiti UniFi access points as they have guest portals and hotspot access with vouchers http://www.ubnt.com/unifi

Thanks @JohnS. Many router brands (if not most) have Terminal or SSH access.

I just don’t know the scripting well enough to login, change the WiFi access password (main or guest) and logout. I don’t even know where to start. I can login through PuTTY, but I don’t know what commands to issue; there is no built-in help, and G00gle has come up empty.

REQUEST: if anyone knows how to write a SH/SSH script to change the Wi-Fi access password (including router login), or can get me started, please let me know!

P.S. I use an ASUS RT-AC66U

Hm… interesting. Not the answer but I found this while searching google.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24046&view=next&sid=63992ba4c24fc0eb5da53f673cc8e020

"nvram set ath0_wpa_psk="your_key_without_quotes"" for WPA personal or "nvram set ath0_key1="as_above"" for WEP - not sure about the other encryption methods though. Check "nvram show | grep ath" for more options! 

I’d like to move this discussion, so please see my response here:

I finnally found out why the command buttons are not working in the accounts screen…

I have used a constrant to check if the asnwer of a question was yes or not to print the cupon…

Thanks!!!

G.

Hi there,

i can not get the Calculator mapping and actions to work out properly. the sample sambapos database does not seem to have it, and i’ve checked the forums… any possible links how to set it up? i’m running 4.1.82

thanks in advance…

show us your rule and action please.