Trying to understand Ticket Templates

Good evening ,

As you know i use GC, but i have 3 different GC for different occasions
@Jesse gave me a solution for printing the customer name on the GC ticket and i try to do the same with the GC Names but with no luck …

JTRTech said that is a transaction document template and it has no idea (the document) about entities …

I tried with Custom Tags, Order Tags, e.t.c but again no luck …

Shoot me with some ideas if you have any… :boom:

thanks in advance

Did you opt for the program setting method kendash offered?
If so suggestion would be to follow a similar method for the voucher name/description.

The issue is that the template you show above is a transaction document, which has no direct relation to entities or tickets.

I presume these three gift certificate products are all in the same product GroupCode? (Gift Certificates probably…)

I cannot think of a fool proff method for what your asking however a possibly ‘patch’ type solution would be an update program setting action on a rule for order added with constraint of product group = Gift Certificate OR specifying the product name for your three vouchers.
The setting action would save a setting of say ‘GC-Desc’ with a value of {PRODUCT NAME} or maybe just {NAME}
Your template would then use {SETTING:GC-Desc} to read that setting.

I can see at least a couple of scenarios which could ‘mess up’ this setup first one being add one certificate product, add another diferent one then cancel the second one.
Am not at PC to check if we have an order canceled event but all that would allow is to clear the second product not update the setting with the 1st ones name…
Either way it would be the description which if effected not the values/moneys.

That is the quickest simplest solution however does allow a couple of loopholes.

Someone else might have a better solution .

1 Like

@JTRTech I think this will mess the things up even worst.

I thing i will find an other totaly different solution than GC !!

Anyway thanks for your answer and you help. :slight_smile:

Mess things up?
If your only selling one voucher type in each transaction it wont matter.

Yes only 1 in each transaction, i think i misread …

The potential issue is if a voucher product is added, then a 2nd and then the 2nd one is canceled as the program setting will be of the 2nd one.

No i only want 1 in each transaction.
Now I’m trying to create what you suggest … will see …
I tell you the results :smile: