Using Cash Drawers

Yes i did try that but no hope, my printer is a Chinese made wifi printer, is that make any diffrence
Thanks John

Many Thanks its working now !!!

Doesn’t matter if it’s wifi. If you can print the. It’s working.
Where are you putting the cash drawer codes ? It should be the first clans in your ticket template.

Is your cash drawer compatible ? Some printers use 12v instead of 24v to kick a cash drawer.

Try the following code.

Hi @JohnS, ive followed the guide step by step and tried every code possible but i still cant get my cash drawer to kick open.

Everytime i press the open drawer button on the payment screen i get the following error.

'There is a problem while printing. Check printer and printer template settings.

The handle is invalid.’

I am using v3. Thank you

Is your cash drawer connected to the receipt printer?
What brand printer do you have?

Hello! I am from Brazil, and I’ve been trying to use sambapos 3, but I am stuck at the cash drawer config, I am using samba on windows 8 with a local brand receipt printer “Bematech mp-20” attached with a RJ-12 cash drawer, normally the VBS command to open the drawer is:

sComando = chr( 27 ) + chr( 118 ) + chr( 140 )
iRetorno = ComandoTX( sComando, Len( sComando )

You can try adding <XCT>27,118,140 line to printer template.

Hello @emre! thanks for the fast reply! Already tried but no success, I also did all steps of your guide again, my best guess is that the code is wrong, because I tested the printer, the drawer and also the code which in this case is 27+118+140 in plexis pos, all worked fine.

Hi @emre @JohnS. the make model of my printer is:

epson TM-T88IIP

and my cash drawer is connected directly to the printer.

i have tried the tutorial on v3 and v4 and i cant seem to get it working, i have been trying for over 2 weeks now, so your help will really be appreciated!

thank you

@DenizAltun did you checked drawer codes link for your printer model?

Hello friends, I made some other tests and I also found the printer manual that says that 7 code is for the printer sound a beep, so I changed the code at printer templates like this <XCT>7 and tested the drawer button and the printer beeps, I infer then that the steps in the guide are working perfectly

In other section that mentions about the drawer the code is like this:

the translation on the description is: optional drawer (turns on the drawer for n milliseconds) 50ms<n<200ms. I tried many other codes but no success yet. I appreciate very much if someone figure out the solution.

@yurimh which codes you’ve tried? As it starts with ESC it should be something like <XCT>27,118,50

Works like a charm! Many thanks!!!

@emre yes ive tried 2-3 different printers on different systems, still no success.

@DenizAltun Did you tried <XCT>27,112,48,55,121 ? What happens when you include that line inside a printer template?

@JohnS @emre @QMcKay

i am using a ‘Sam4s Ellix 20S’ printer. it works fine with samba pos, and i am able to print out receipts.

however my cashdrawer which is connected through the printer is not working.

i have tried to find the kick codes on the website provided by @emre, but this model/brand is not listed.

i have also tried the following recommended by yourselves but still no luck:

please could you help. thanks

According to the manual, this is the Kick specification:

ESC p m t1 t2

Output the pulse specified by t1 & t2 to connector pin m as follows:
0,48  Drawer kick-out connector pin 2
1,49  Drawer kick-out connector pin 5
t1 specifies the pulse ON time as [t1 × 2 ms] and t2 specifies the pulse OFF time as [t2 × 2 ms].
If t2 is smaller than t1, OFF time is set as [t1 × 2 ms].

Try one of the following:

<XCT>27,112,0,48,250
<XCT>27,112,1,49,250

@QMcKay can u help with the kick command for sam 4s ellix20 II.

i have try both the command but they are not working

thanks

Hello

I have pos machine and there is port for printer but i want to open the cash drawer without using the printer directly with port which sends 24V pulse to cash drawer. Is there any way to open printer without using printer with serial port???

1 Like