Using Price Definitions/Tags by "entity select" Rule - not working for me

Can you show screenshot of the Update order action… and your rule? You may have a typo. I just tested it and it worked great

My rule I used

My Action:

MY price list

My Entity

First you typed 50% for Price Tag… but you have 50 in your rule… they have to be the same. Second you do not need all the other variables in the action. Is your price list named 50 or 50%? if its 50% then you have to have 50% in your entity and your rule and action.

I recommend using a variable for Price Tag in your Update Order Action like I showed in my screenshot… this way you do not have to make 3 different actions. You can just type the Tag in the action within the rule like I showed in my screenshot.

Variable syntax is [:Variable Name] so you would type [:Price Tag] Then you will get a field called Price Tag inside the action when you add it to the rule. You can simply type in the name of price tag here.

Look closely at my screenshots I laid out almost exactly what to do.

in action- i choose 50% price tag (thats the name of the price tag)
in the Rule - i want to trigger the entity custom data - which is 50

Ok then it should work unless you set something up wrong… The screenshots I posted work. So study them if your still having trouble. Check for typo’s

EDIT: I see a typo… it should be Customers not Customer for your constraint Also you have NameOfCustomDataField … surely you did not name it that? You would put the actual Custom Data Name here. If you named it Price Tag then it would be :Price Tag not :NameOfCustomDataFIeld

sorry this image was the wrong one before i inserted the currect line:
the line is {ENTITY DATA:Customers:VIP} VIP is the name of the EntityCustomData…

Still not working? if it is not… then you need to show us everything… you have either a typo or something set wrong. If its not working then show us your Price List, Your Entity Type , Action, Rule. Expand your action within rule before taking screenshot.

EDIT You do not need to put Matches it should work just fine with Equals.

ALso log out and log back in. If you made any Price List changes they will not be effective until you log out.

Change it from Matches to Equals. Also make sure you have default mapping for the rule. Make sure you put 50 in the actual entities as well… just defining the custom data is not enough you have to add it to the actual Entities and then log out log in.

I changed it to equals,contain,starts etc
Default mapping - all starred
I entered 50 - 50 times :slight_smile:

Do your customer entities actually have 50 in them? If you still can not get it I do not mind looking at your db if you want to share it. There has to be a typo or something your missing… It works just fine for me.

EDIT: Did you change the name of Customers Entity Type to your own language?

yes the customers do have 50 in the VIP custom data.
I dont mind sendind you my DB - the entry are mostly in hebrew.
Customers Types are in hebrew, but i never had problem with that (check my first post in this thread - i used to change the price list - all through select entity - EntityCustomData Matches 50

I can read some Hebrew but do not get me talking to you I will butcher it I am not well versed in it, I just know enough to read stuff I need to read. Same thing with Turkish, and German, now Spanish I am not bad at.

Anyway…

What I am saying is… the Entity Type… Customers did you change it to Hebrew?

Customers are in hebrew right from the beginning

If you changed that to Hebrew then it needs to be in Hebrew in the rule as well.

Forgive me if I type this wrong but it should be something like {ENTITY DATA:לקוחות

1 Like

oh no…i get what you mean… let me check
{ENTITY DATA:Customers:VIP} - i thought that Customers should be as is - name of variable…i changed it to my hebrew name - NOW ITS WORKINGGG

1 Like

You should not change these… there is no reason too. This will break other functions if you are not careful. If you still want it that way… thats fine… just know that you defined it in that language for Entity Type so if you want to call that Entity TYpe in reports, rules, actions you will have to type the Hebrew name…

I will do that, thank you very much @kendash :slight_smile:

Yep no problem… also reminder when you see references to Customers Entity type in the forums just remember yours is in Hebrew. Demonstrations on syntax etc will be using Customers you just replace it with your Hebrew name.

Or, i’ll change it back carefully to english…:slight_smile: