Using two printers after Covid-19

I have two ticket printers and they work fine. one is in the kitchen the other, in the bar, was for drinks orders before Covid-19. With the lockdowns and slow trade, I did something to stop the drinks orders printing. The customers bill still prints okay, no problem but I can’t find what I did to stop the drinks orders from printing. I’ve looked at everything I can think of, has anyone out there in SambaPOS land any ideas please? We reopen on Wednesday 19, I really need to get this fixed.
Many thanks for your, anticipated, advice. Please give details, I’m not clever at this.
Brendan

Pretty vague unfortunatly.
Need to see details of print related setup.
Print job, action, rule its in etc.

Thanks for looking. I’ll copy the print job, action, rule its in and come back with the details.

The print job is called Bar orders, printing content is All Lines, mapping is to all drinks Product Groups, Bar Printer, and Bar Orders Template. Other columns are *
I’ll copy the template and return…

[LAYOUT]

{TIME} Table {ENTITY NAME:Table}
[{NOTE}]
[]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} x {NAME}
[ ]

{ORDER TAGS}
[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Bar Group:Entree,Pate,Burger,Tomate,Blanche,Special,Dessert]

[ORDERS:Void]
- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|Cancel Order
{ORDER TAGS}
[ORDER TAGS]
→ {ORDER TAG NAME}

[]
[ORDERS FOOTER] Group Footer
=

Most likely the mapping of the rule , show how you have it set up.

Actions
Close Ticket is Close Ticket other two fields are blank
Create Ticket is Create Ticket other two fields are blank
Execute bar Orders Print Job is Action type Execute Print Job, Print ticket is True, Order state name is Status, order state is New, Ignore selected orders is False and Copies is 2.
This is the create ticket rule

The close ticket rule

The Ticket closing rule

There aren’t any triggers
Scripts = Just one called Metrics that was written by SambaPOS, I think.

If there’s anything I’ve missed, don’t hesitate to call.
The bar layout is the same as the kitchen but with different tags IE
[LAYOUT]

[{NOTE}]
[]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} x {NAME}
[ ]

{ORDER TAGS}
[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Bar Group:Alcool,Cigarettes,Aperos,Bieres,Boissons Chaudes,Boissons Froids,Digestives,Grandes Bouteilles,Jus,Malt,Misc,Pastis,Vin]

{ORDER TAGS}
[ORDER TAGS]
→ {ORDER TAG NAME}

[]
=

Which rule?, There are about fifty.

This looks wrong to me…

Thank you for your advice. Is there anything in particular that is wrong?

They look like food tags rather than drink tags no?
Not saying that is definatly your issue but sounds wrong to me? Burger, entree, pate drinks?

Don’t just edit the question to fix… doesn’t help the community learn etc etc.

Also, when posting code like template you need to highlight the code text and click to code button in forum post editor, else forum system strips code to plain text.
As it is there are no line start expressions which would be an issue but font know if you have them or not as stripped code post.

If your really not sure what you changed do you have a backup of your database from before you made the change?
If so backup your current database and restore the older backup then compare to your current set-up.
Take screenshots of the following before you do anything:
Printers
Print Job & mappings
Printer Template (copy to notepad and save so you can quickly compare)
Action (execute bar orders print job)
Rules & mappings (that fire the print action i.e ticket closing)

If you find a difference(s) make a note of it (screenshot) and restore your most recent backup and make the relevant changes to your setup.

Thank you for your help. The template for the bar is a bit further down the page. Same layout, but the product tags are: [ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Bar Group:Alcool,Cigarettes,Aperos,Bieres,Boissons Chaudes,Boissons Froids,Digestives,Grandes Bouteilles,Jus,Malt,Misc,Pastis,Vin]

We changed to new, solid state drives since the shut down; sadly the old drives have been recycled now.

Thanks, again, for your time trying to help. If I copy the kitchen layout and try again setting up for the bar, what are the essential elements that I must do for a successful print? Is there a special order?

Brendan

Can you post whole template in use.

Glad to. Is this sufficient?

[LAYOUT]

[{NOTE}]
[]
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
{QUANTITY} x {NAME}
[ ]

{ORDER TAGS}
[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT TAG:Bar Group:Alcool,Cigarettes,Aperos,Bieres,Boissons Chaudes,Boissons Froids,Digestives,Grandes Bouteilles,Jus,Malt,Misc,Pastis,Vin]

{ORDER TAGS}
[ORDER TAGS]
→ {ORDER TAG NAME}

[]
=

So, progress. In the action I had “Yes” to print ticket. That is now blank and the order ticket prints. It prints as I input the order line by line with a new ticket and then again when I close it. For an order of 10 items I get 20 tickets. From the sublime to the ridiculous but it is progress.

Doesn’t look right to me.
And it’s printing when you add order to ticket? Sounds like you have messed with automation.
Or you mean it prints ticket per order when ticket is closed?

It does both! As I click on a beer for example, I get a ticket for a beer. Then I close and it prints the order again.