v3 vs v4 features

Hi Emre!

Would it be possible then?

Thanks!

With version 3 it is possible. It will not be possible with version 4 or version 5 unless he decides to give an optional setup for this. Remember with version 3 you will not get much support with altering source code so it will mostly be up to you and your programmer to accomplish it.

I may sound like I am beating a dead horse but I truly believe there will be some features in v5 you will really want. So if you spend a lot of money and time altering source code on v3 it might be wasted time and effort once v5 comes out.

Naturally the reason the community still has V3 is so the community can decide for them self what is best we can only help guide you and share opinions.

1 Like

Hi Kendesh,

I understand, thanks for your help! Iā€™ll take that into account.

One last thing, you mentioned an optional setup if I want to accomplish in V4, what does that mean?

This will not occur in V4. It is feature-frozen.

It could theoretically be possible in V5.

Thanks!

I have a slightly related question.

On V3, Iā€™m just trying to follow your pay GC part on your GC tutorial, however, on pay ticket, it hasnā€™t got the tendered amount field, is there a workaround for this?

Thanks again!

You will need to show me a screenshot of what you mean. There are a lot of pieces to the GC Tutorial.

If you are not seeing an element in V3 that appears in V4, chances are it doesnā€™t exist. As far as a workaround for V3, I wouldnā€™t knowā€¦ I havenā€™t had V3 installed for well over a year, and Iā€™m not willing to do so just to take a look at something that is no longer supported.

Hi QMcKay,

Itā€™s this part:

This optional setup adds a Button to the Payment Screen to
automatically use the Gift Certificate as Payment, tendering a portion
of the GCBalance or the entire GCBalance.

Iā€™m thinking the alternatively would be to somehow select the gift card amount and place it into the tendered amount field, would this be possible (i.e. the field above the keypad on the payment screen).

You mean this Action does not exist or does not have the Tendered parameter in v3 ?

If that is the case, there is no workaround.

We do not have access to that field, so we cannot populate it programmatically.

Hi!

Sorry, I should have clarified, there is no tendered parameter!

http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,218.msg1144.html#msg1144