V4 with individual tablet at each table

I know how to setup multi terminal using microsoft SQL as database but the tricky part is are we able to setup each ordering station at each table? meaning each individual tablet at every table. the tablet at each table will only allow ordering and the table entities fixed. example when logged in to tablet at table 1 it will just display table 1. then when logged in the tablet at table 2 it will only display table 2. i estimate to have 20 tablets operating at 20 tables. will this slow down the system? if it slows down then what can i do to make it faster? maybe a faster pc at the database?

Shouldn’t really be an issue as your actual transaction rate would be similar overall your nust increasing your potential symiltanious demand so a respectable DB machine would be reconmended.
Also that’s allot of network traffic especially if wiresless, this is likely where you will experiance a bottleneck. Samba is quite resource/bandwidth needy with allot of requests to db, your going to want minimum decent ac wifi or multi AP with sulti ssid to spread the load

are we able to setup each ordering station at each table? meaning each individual tablet at every table. the tablet at each table will only allow ordering and the table entities fixed. example when logged in to tablet at table 1 it will just display table 1

First, I wouldn’t bother trying this with V4. You should upgrade to V5.

Yes it is possible, but I am not aware of anyone who has configured this; at least, no one has shared such a setup.

So you will need to work this out mostly on your own, but here are some ideas:

• Create a Terminal for each Table.
  • Maybe create a User for each Table, and use Login User Action (V5 only) to automatically Login the proper User based on the Rule Terminal Mapping, or multiple Actions in a single Rule with Action Constraints to control which Login action fires based on the {:CURRENTTERMINAL}.
  • Possibly create multiple separate Entity Screens for each Table, and add only the 1 applicable Table Entity to each screen, using the proper Terminal Mapping for each screen. Maybe add a Ticket Lister and some other Automation Command buttons using a Custom Entity Screen.
  • And/Or Use Automation to control Table Entity selection for the respective Terminal.

I think the most difficult part is going to be to train your Customers to click the Close button on the Ticket screen so that their Orders are Submitted. Not sure how that will work.

1 Like