V5 Activated System now Unregistered - Followed others

My customer is suffering from where a previously activated V5 system is no longer registering an activated license and it will not let me re-activate. I have followed the other threads instructions that it could be the version and related to auto-backup. I have done the following:

*Uninstalled license from Marketplace on POS.
*Logged onto Samba Marketplace and cleared the keys
*Returned to POS installing latest 5160
*Restarted and logged into marketplace on POS
*Installed License & Restarted SambaPOS
*Returned to Marketplace and attempted to reactivate.

I have tried several variations of this process as well and am getting no response from the system in this issue. Please advise if I must also do as others and transfer the licese to another market account.

Don’t uninstall license module.

1. Logoff on sambapos > market by clicking on user name. It should appear as login link.
  2. shutdown sambapos.
  3. clear keys on sambamarket.com
  4. restart sambapos and login to sambapos > market screen.

It should activate fine.

2 Likes

The logout is not available.

There is no display of the username as usual when logged in nor is there an option to login.

Can you show a screenshot of what you mean?

Not at the moment but when I have a chance.

But put basically, usually in the marketplace on the top-right there is a link code to login or if logged in it displays the username. In this case, it does neither. You can’t see the login, out, or the username.

So what did you do when this disapeared?

No my system. It was just reported to me by the customer that he started receiving the activation requests about a week or two ago and when I went to repair it’s not there.

Are you able to access the system now?

BTW its a known issue if you change databases or run automatic backups atm. It will be fixed with next release. Until then you can disable automatic backups and do not change databases.

That wont fix your current issue we can try to work through that.

The customer can use it but I am not at the system nor does it have remote options.

I understand. I turned off auto backup per the recommendation that breaks it. Then Inupgraded to the latest version as well.

Ok so I was going to ask you to do a few things… but if your not there its kinda pointless atm. Hmmm

Ill give you a few things to try when you are there… one moment.

Actually… i have no clue how that login could just disappear… @emre would need to enlighten me on that. Dont think ive ever seen that disappear. It sounds fishy to me… like your client did something to it. But I could be wrong.

Does the market page need to see Internet to show login option? Just trying to think back as to if it only shows when have active internet link.

1 Like

Well I was thinking that too… but that wouldnt make much sense either… however I have never looked or noticed that.

It doesn’t have active internet at the moment but I put a wifi adapter and used my phone as a hotspot. The internet was active and then restarted system with no difference to login option at the market.

Trust me, I am very much a, “is it plugged in” kind of troubleshooter. I try to start at the beginning on the simpler things.

I’m trying to think back and sure I have seen times with no login option so may be the case…
With no access you will struggle to properly troubleshoot.
Ignoring more complex posibilities ensuring active internet for login would be first sugestion. If it shows or not without I can’t remember but obviously you defiantly wouldn’t be able to sign in without…

1 Like

If login link does not appear it means it can’t access sambamarket.com.

1 Like

Is there some secret to this because the computer was connected and even using the computer I could access sambamarket.com using a browser and still didn’t show. It’s how I kept resetting the database key.

Be sure no firewalls are blocking it.