Variable Value for Order Tags

Hi Team, A bit of a tricky one for me today.

I have a work flow where a customer orders a coffee:
Product = Flat White
Order Tags = Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large
Order Tag = Almond, Soy, Oat, Trim (nothing selected = normal cows milk)
Order Tag = Sugar, Equal, Raw Sugar…
Plus various other Order Tags

What I want to do is to be able to add a proportionate amount for the alternative milks, so a small would be +50c, medium is +80c, large is +$1.10 and extra large is +$1.40

I’ve tried to create a Rule that fires when the Alternative milk is selected but am having trouble making it conditional on the size. The Rule and Action actually work as expected but it fires for every size.

I have an Action that changes the order tag value (I assume I will need an action for each size?). The only issue here is that once selected I can’t deselect that particular milk. Under "Normal’ operation if I select Soy and then select Almond, I can click Soy to de-select it.

I’ll take some screenshots tomorrow at work (my ‘Test’ system has to be rebuilt).

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Murray

Take a look at this topic it may help point you in the right direction change-the-price-of-a-modifier-based-on-portion

Cheers, I’ll have a look.

Currently I don’t use Portion Size but if I have to rejig things to make it work then so be it lol.

Portion would indeed be the solution and logical route.

Yeah. I think that’s your best best. Use portion size for the size of coffee. And then create separate order tag groups with identical tags but different prices.

Then map them to the product group and portion size.

That will do what you need.

Let me know if you have any problems. This method works perfectly for the pizza shop.

Yep, that’s going to work just fine, cheers.

One question though. Can I stop the Portion Pop-up from popping up because the Portions are on the next screen anyway.

Have a look at the rules - something’s executing on the “Order Added to Ticket” event asking for portion

Thats not default so would be an automation.

Cheers. It was “OM - Order Modifier Ask For Portion”, I must have added that for some reason a while ago.

1 Like