VIP Credit on Lounge Sale

Hi Guys,

I have a unique question to ask. My customer sell VIP Lounge tickets for customers and this amount then gets allocated for the customer as a credit to spend in the time they are there.

So I created select entity when they click on the VIP lounge item in the menu. (Normally they just do quick sales and don’t select entity).

After the customer is created or selected they settle the ticket with the method the customer paid. (Cash or Credit Card).

So my question is would it be possible to assign this ticket amount then to Credit for the customer? And if true how would I get it working?

Please help

What if you do a prepayment from the customer accounts screen and describe on payment description that it’s a vip lounge ticket?

I would have thought using the gift certificate method would be the answer to your requirements. Where the prepayment goes to customer account rather than a gift card account.

1 Like

Hi @Castech,

We don’t want the users to actually enter the customer accounts screen and it will disrupt the workflow too much. So while they are generating sales the client will also want VIP Lounge ticket. Then as per normal sale the rules and actions will pick up the “VIP Lounge” item and then assign the credit accordingly.

I’m not sure how to do this and even if it is possible. If I can get this to work then this will be the perfect setup otherwise I need to make another plan.

Hi @naresh I’m going to try that. Thanks for the advise