Void is not working properly

After voiding the item.
Item colour is blue instead of red and it is not adding strike through lines as crossed product.

And the inventory is not decreasing after voiding the item

What could be the reason ?

1 Like

Are you voiding the item after closing the table?
Did you change any rules and/or actions?

You may have other state color interfere it.

I think by default, it didn’t set to decrease inventory. You can change it in void rule. look for decrease inventory and set it to true.

This is what i did to test-

1. Select two Items from menu and close the ticket.
  2. Opened the same table ticket and voided on of the items previously submitted and closed the ticket again.

Q1 When i reopen the table, its shows void under the item but it is in blue color and not striked.
Q2 Under Inventory consumption it shows consumed even after voiding the item.

I have not changed any rules related to void

if i change it to true under decrease inventory, it doesnt reduce inventory and it does not close the ticket ( If there is one item submitted and voided )

I tested it change Decrease to True, 1 item on ticket then void and I can close ticket.
But no idea about inventory, I didn’t have one.

Actually it should work but it is not working, could this be database issue.

Also, id the Void item Striked out and in red color in yours.

I am using V5 latest version

The color is depend on your setting. I have void item striked out.

I have not changed any settings. But isnt it default function.

Void works in default setup so something has had to have been changed… Either your states flow or automation.
Have you tried to translate your system into another language?

No its in english default language

i uninstalled it and reinstalled.

But now its throwing error when i am trying to restore db

Don’t know about your restor issue but would guess you have changed a state name or something and messed up the flow.

I found the Issue.

I have used the ORDER MODIFIER - ASK FOR PORTION Order Tags & Portion Popup Ask Question

Because of which i had changed UPDATE ORDER ACTION
From [:Decerase] to [:Decrease Inventory]

This was causing the issue for Voiding and Inventory.

I have changed back it to [:Decrease]

Can you check this link and see if it right way to use that tutorial nd if it is working right.

It is just caption you want to describe in the rule.

You should create new action not modify default. Actually not just action everything never edit default if you don’t know what you are doing.

1 Like

You said you hadn’t changed any settings!!!
As said you should never alter default rules unless your 100% sure you know what your doing.

I meant i didnt change anything in VOID Rules.
I just followed tutorial posted here. In the tutorial the Title of Action was not visible so i assumed the Default action has to be changed. Now i have cloned that UPDATE ORDER and made changes, now it works perfectly.

I will be carefull next time and clone the rules/action before making any changes to revert back if anything fails.

Thanks Guys.