Wastage/Splillages & Kitchen Transfers

So am going to setup a ‘wastage book’ in the till to replace the old pen and pad under the bar which was recently misplaced and messed up the stock-take.

My thoughts are since I only need item quantities and not wanting to interfere with the PMS integration that I will simplify over some of the other methods and just use ODI=False (which is ignored by the PMS API Script) and change price to 0.
To accompany this I will add a new state for wastage with a reason.

Thinking is this will not impact the existing reports and API given its using the ODI=False and 0 price…
This will then make it easy to pull the quantities with an adapted item sales report which will be filtered to ODI=False and Wastage State. With the plan to breakdown the report to Wastage with few options like spillage, line cleaning, damaged, mistake etc and Transfers such as to kitchen or to housekeeping.

To give a report of

Wastage
Items - QTY - Reason

Transfers
Kitchen
Items - QTY
Housekeeping
Items - QTY

Anyone see any issues with that plan?

Just on a side note, I have seen clients setup wastage themselves in 2 ways so far:

1. They have a table “Wastage”. I would assume they move the orders to that table then gift all the items.
  2. They gift with reason “Wastage”

It’s not something I’ve setup myself, but just giving my observations when I’ve went back to support a client I’ve noticed them set it up in these ways.

1 Like

Ive done a wastage setup similar to my refund setup, tou add the first item to ticket and press wastage button, then the ticket type updates to wastage and ticket state updates to wastage and all items now added update order state to wastage

A wastage “payment” button appears when ticket state is updated to wastage this “pays” the ticket into a wastage account so in can track the value and quantities being put through as wastage

The only thing i want to do is to press my refund and wastage buttons first to initiate the refund or wastage mode by updating ticket state before adding orders but when ive tried this

1 Like

Heres what ive done

I saw this :slight_smile: thanks @RickH

1 Like

Good Day

How can i deduct the Cost price instead of the selling price?

It rings up the selling price and not my Cost price in the POS which means my totals are incorrect.

Kind Regards

Setup up another price list that is the cost price for your items, then link those prices to your wastage setup so it uses those instead of the selling price

1 Like

but…the suppliers do not sells at a static price…it can change from one week to another or from one day to another…i will have to check and change the price list every time a supplier brings me something? is there no way to enter a spill witouth “burning” the cost in a menu?

Depending on your setup, if your looking to use price list as the method to account for wastage at cost the flexible alternative is to use a change price flow to update the order price.
The question then is what are you going to do? When you have wastage or spillage search through the last invoice to check price?
Also since we would presume you keep more than one days stock if the price changes are you going to decide if it was old or new stock used?

Most people record it through end of day records.

i dont know what im going to do thats why im asking :(, i will like a spill/wastage setup that allows to discount my supplies BY AMOUNT, when my chef peels of the tomatoe he doesnt know how muy wastage hes gonna have, so its too dificult to “burn” a portion in a recepie without knowing how to much the wastage its going to be before the chef peels it off. :frowning:

and by burning a portion i mean tthe recipe for wastage/spills. because if im getting the wastage/spill tutorial right you need to create a recipe for each products or inventory items that you have and have a department for wastages and a menu for wastages, but how im going to create a recipe for that king of situations if i DONT know the future wastage.

am i gonna have to be a slave of the recipes wastage products? changing the recipes every time my chefs got a wastage different from the one ive got in the recipe.

How you run your accounts if your business but as far as understand our stocktaker makes an alliance when calculating GP using the Retail/Sale value of wastage after back calculating its cost based on the running GP.
So if the kitchen GP averaged at 80% and there was £1200 retail values wastage he would make a wastage allowance of £200.

wow…i dont know if your answering to me or someone else :disappointed_relieved: GP? retails sale value??? i just need to wastage my inventory items and products without burning a value in a recipe…thats all…how do you make a wastage of 2340 grams of ketchup and 3 days later you want to wastage a 1222 grams of the ketchup?

I dont know about all this complicated crap. I just use End of Day records to record any waste.

If you don’t know what GP and Retail Value refers to then there are bigger issues. I really hope its just translation issue.

GP = Gross Profit, Profit after direct costs (what materials go into it directly)
Retail/Sale Price (what customer pays) - Cost of Goods (ingredients put into dish)
For GP% this is also then divided by the Retail price again to give GP%
Our GP% target is 69% average on total dry/food sales - obviously different dishes return different % and a sandwich or simple dish might hit 80% a steak might come in at 50% but average target overall is 69% for us.

Retail = What you sell a product for to the end user/customer i.e. not trade etc.
Different countries include tax, others do not but main thing in general is whichever your country does you generally would need to apply same principle to cost price in calculations - i.e. if calculating GP/GP% on a tax inclusive price you would need to remove tax given that there is generally little VAT on raw food purchases.
In short you generally calculate using exc tax on both sides.

Kendash has inventory side covered.
My setup was for simple retail product record of spillage/damaged etc.

Either way my previous questions still stand.
Purchase price changes, what happens when you buy 1 bottle of ketchup (you ingredient of choice) for say £5 last week and use half then buy another bottle at £7.50 this week then throw away the half bottle because its gone bad (not that ketchup would like that) I know in this example its obvious its the half bottle that cost £2.50 from last week but you latest price was £7.50 for a bottle… You need to explain what it is you want o do CLEARLY and then we can make suggestions…

my native language is spanish. and yes your making very hard to explain, i dont something simpler than this: i need a wastage setup system that let me do the wastage and spill by a dinamyc amount not and static amount that i previosly set in a recipe, i cant imagine something CREARLY than this…and i agree with kendash your making it VERY complicated, it should be intuitive and simple.

i dont know why are you talking about $$$ and %%% JTRtech… wastage BY amount: grams, kilograms, units, liters, mililiters thats what i need. i need to wastage 1245 GRAMS of ketchup and two hours later i need to wastage 1450 grams of ketchup again, please tell me witouth GP and retail sales value HOW to i tell the system that two wastage transaccions or actions what ever they are called.

So what is wrong with using End of Day records? End of day feature is how you account for wastage.

Your opinion.
Kendash gave you a solution using inventory by editing end of day records using inventory.
The topic you posed on however was one I created for a non inventory solution.
My suggestion for a non inventory solution based on your question was to use my method but update price however my setup does not account for system using inventory as we do not use samba inventory.
The ‘complicated’ part actually relates to your question in relation to the original topic of a non inventory based watage system which is not straight forward if you wanting to account for at actual cost.

You have been told by kendash

However this as I understand will still use an AVERAGE cost price as thats how inventory works which was my point, your question said about changing cost prices and without MANUAL updating (which you’ll be doing anyway if using inventory system) will not be unto date…

Considering I am only trying to help during my own spare time I find your tone less than favourable and would like to point out that no one answering your questions is Samba support and are actually users trying to help others in their own time.

because how do i difference between a wastage and an inventory corrections??? i mean, my admin is the one that uses the end of fay records for crossing inventory missmatchs if i let him do the wastage by altering the end of the day how im gonna trace the wastage amount? that amount will merge with the amount that the admin cross with the physycal inventory, in other words i want to keep apart the wastage metric from the crossing inventory metric.