What does the sleeper action do?

I was wondering what this action does. I tried it on a ticket and nothing happened.
k5nyJ5DN75

I am guessing it probably makes POS do nothing for some duration.

Maybe used to wait some async tasks to complete before POS is supposed to do something

1 Like

It was built to add a few seconds between actions in a rule.

1 Like

Real use was to force a few seconds between firing more than 15 different execute print job actions that were really custom printers generating pdf copies of reports

2 Likes

Speaking of which, how do you make SambaPOS automatically generate a PDF, is that possible in new version?

Well the best way is with Metrik. But there is a custom printer that saves to pdf.

1 Like

I know I am using it now, but would love to find out how to make it do automatically on print ticket with preset settings in the name.

That custom printer does not allow dynamic naming unfortunately

We have used an email action to email them out daily and remove them when successful. Then you don’t really need to uniquely name them. You can add that info in email body.

1 Like

Good idea, never thought of that.

What mailing server was used for that? Gmail seems to be somewhat prickly about this

Thanks @Jesse. Is the duration in seconds or milliseconds?

It is in seconds……….

2 Likes

Once an app password was set things have worked seamlessly. Google was migrating away from basic user/pass auth a while back. I don’t think it’s for all account yet as we have some users still using their proper google login details in the action.

2 Likes