What Syntax do Use to create this report

Please i am currently trying to create a custom Report for only a selected few categories in my menu. Needs some assistance on how to create this custom report.

Let say i have 10 categories in my menu namely Pizza, Burger, Sandwich, Softdrinks, Wine, Champagne, Soups, Noodles, Salads, Sauce. I want to create a custom report for only this selected categories Softdrinks, Wine, Champagne, .

The Report should be able to provide each individual product in all the selected category i.e ( Softdrinks, Wine, Champagne.)

i. Quatity sold of each individual product in all the selected Category.

2.Amount sold of each individual product in the selected Category.

i will be very glad for any assistance Thank you

Butcher my grouped item sales report;

@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup.asc,O.ExactTotal.Sum::{0}:,}
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}
[$1 Sales:8, 2, 2]
>{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1)}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:'        '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1) and O.PortionName!="Normal"}
>>Total $1|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=$1)}

Think you should just need to replace the first @ with a manually typed list in place of the automatic full list.

@Softdrinks,Wine,Champagne
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}
[$1 Sales:8, 2, 2]
>{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1)}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:'        '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$2" and (MG=$1) and O.PortionName!="Normal"}
>>Total $1|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True) and (MG=$1)}
1 Like

PS, this is not a tutorial, tutorials are if your showing people something, not asking a question, thats what question category if for :stuck_out_tongue:
Have changed to question.

Also, don’t invite people in attempt to get attention, I and most likely the other regulars & leaders read every new topic…

4 Likes

Thanks Man, I am going to try it out immediately

Do i have to run it as a Script or Just Custom tag report

There is no scripts in there, just report tags.

Hi Bro, What is the automatic full list

The first line of my original, returns a full list of used product groups in orders of report range (skips unused groups)

2 Likes

Thanks Man, it works perfectly. but i have a small issue how do i create the same Report in SambaPOS V4.

If the report tag is available in v4 you would obviously need custom reports module. However not all reports in v5 were available in v4, sorry but I am not familier with what was and wasnt available in v4.

Ok. But please can u help me just create a simple Report for Menu Items in Sambapos V4, i will really appreciate it. My Boss need the Report to reconcile drinks sale at the Restaurant Thanks,

Which Version of Sambapos V4 have the custom tag Report feature

If your using v4 you should use latest version… there is no reason not too. V4.1.82 is latest and it supports custom reports module but its a paid module you have to pay for it. Before you do that you might want to consider benefits of paying for v5 license as it includes all of the v4 paid modules.

Custom Reports module is 49.95, v5 license is 99.00 and includes all of the advanced features with v5 plus all of the other paid modules for one price.

The .sum on end of ExactTotal may not work in v4.

Thanks Kendash, but the problem is it is an already live System, we are currently using at one of our Restaurant. we have also purchased some of the module already.

You can migrate to v5 without any problems it will run just like v4. I would recommend a backup first because thats just the smart thing to do.

That report is not available on v4 because some of the syntax is only available in v5.

1 Like

Thats what I was trying to say here :slight_smile: kendash just knows the right words lol;

Wonderful news,but i have already installed V5 on the same server running another Restaurant

Great thats even easier! You can just create a new database for your current one and connect it to that and load the v4 backup there. it will migrate it automatically if you select the option. You can even use the same SQL server.

So 2 restaurants are running from same till?

No they are running different till

Let Say. Restaurant 1 V4 - 2 Client PCs

Restaurant 2   V5 - 2 Client PCs

All the Servers installed on only one Physical Machine

Ok so that reallly does make it easier. You simply do what I said… use same SQL server but create a new database call it Restaurant1 or SambaPOS5 or whatever you want to call it. Then load your v4 backup and be sure migrate on restore is checked. Set your tills to connect to that database and your done.

Few screenshots coming to illustrate…

The two options with arrows be sure those are turned on first. The other options are your preference.

In v4 create a backup. Then start v5 and connect it to your SQL server the same one your using for the other v5 server. Go to local settings and database. Press edit connection be sure you set it to connect to your SQL server then for Database type a name of a new database you want to use, I would set it to restaurant name. Then hit apply… Sambapos will restart and create a new fresh database. At this point login and go to database backups tool and import your v4 database.

Set all of your tills you want for this restaurant to connect to that server and that database you just created.

SQL Server will serve both databases at same time to both v5 restaurants. I actually have mine running 15 databases right now.