Windows 10 and Sambapos

Hi Guys
Just like to add some help for others updating to windows 10, all was fine but couldn’t get into Sambapos. The only change I noticed in the database source that the computer name had been changed from capital letters to small, I adjusted that - still couldn’t open Sambapos.
So then I looked for the SQL Server Configuration Manager - nowhere to be found, completely disappeared!
Windows 8 had a search charm, Windows 10 doesn’t. Here’s the way out, just in case anyone else has this problem.
Click “Search the web and windows bar” type run. Then enter “SQLServerManager11.msc” (for 2012) and lo and behold it appears and sure enough, as I expected it could only be, during the windows upgrade, the SQL Server services had been stopped. Started them again and all is sweet.
I’m surprised no-one else has experienced this problem.
Hope this helps

2 Likes

Hmm I’ve been running it for a long time even through about 10 different upgrades my service was always running. However everyone is different so great info thanks for that.

I recommend upgrading then downloading the ISO and doing a full fresh install and just enter the key you got when you upgraded. You must upgrade first to get the valid key. This will of course erase everything so do proper backups.

2 Likes

I just updated to Windows 10 last night and i also had to restart the SQL server as it stopped during the upgrade

I just install to new machine that does not have LPT port. I use USB->Printer port but I can’t install Epson driver.
I use TM Virtual Port to create LPT1 port which is show up in Device manager but Epson Driver still don’t see LPT.

I will try to get Windows 8 machine now to see if Windows 10 is not support yet. lol. I install Windows 10 on all my laptop.

So, if you need to use Epson driver, you may hold on a bit. Actually, It does work with Generic Text Only driver and select USB001 port