Wondering if there is a way I can set different work periods for different tills

So the idea is if the till in a function room arent being used they would have a closed work period whilst the other tills are still up and running on another work period. Is this something that needs a separate SQL database for each or can it be ran side by side?

You can separate Tills with reports why the need for 2nd work period? You could also not allow login during specific hours… if its just till restriction you want.

From what I can understand the customer wants seperate work periods when they are done for the day the work period can be printed whilst the other tills stay up and running.

I know this is not what 99% of people want since you can break down each till via the reports however we have been requested it and he wasnt happy with the break down of tills.

I guess the only way is to get a second database up and running so they can do this, I was just wondering if anyone has done it before.

Its not about restricting it. It is about how the till breaks down which I did in a report but they arent happy with it that way. So I have to investigate it.

Is it even doable?

No its not possible, are they tracking inventory? Maybe share with us what they wanted we can help with the reports or accounting. Tills can be completely separate even the accounting.

Multiple work periods is not a good idea.

They want to track inventory, However I havent used the tool yet myself and I have to learn it to teach them. I understand I can have inventory split to certain locations.

what they have asked for is a very strange request which I agree with you is not a good idea. But they want it so should I at least try or find an alternative option for them. Like breaking down the reports and they can only be accessed from that till

You could imitate it is you made reports based in terminal and had a button to cash out printing report etc and disabling non admin login and then doing actual wp close on last machine to cash up.

Sometimes people think they know what they want but if they dont understand how something is meant to work they may not realize what they really want. Sometimes you just need to show them.

Anyway you can completely separate the tills, accounting, reports, who can use them, etc it can be completely separate without using different work periods. You want to use a single work period especially if you plan to track inventory.

This can get you started… you can modify it how you need.

here is the best reference for Custom reports.

https://www.sambapos.com/wiki/doku.php/custom_reporting

1 Like

Hey,

We have told the customer it is not possible to do this and told him that we can break down the reports further for the individual tills. He didnt want this however we gave him no option by pointing out all the floors that would occur if we did do this.

We have the till reports broken down but I believe he wants it broken down more so I will sort that out. However I would say this post can be closed since it isnt recommened to produce two work periods.

Thank you all for your help :smiley:

From your description I guess he just want to disable function room till when not used. I never tested such configuration but when used with Till Tutorial / Shift feature you can setup a global (enable / disable) setting for function room till. While creating a new ticket you can check if function room till enabled or not and if not enabled you can display a message with ask question and execute ticket close action when message button is clicked.