Work Period Report crashing

@emre, that is what I was going to say… the problem I foresee (which would be an issue in my case) is that the Ticket Tags for Payment type may be dynamically generated to include the time and Payment Type. Therefore, we have no way of knowing the name of the Ticket Tag (programmatically) that we need to update.

In the example above, the Ticket Tags which are prefixed by PMT are generated dynamically to include the time and Payment Type:

PMT 08.12.176 [Credit Card]
PMT 08.13.357 [Cash]

I can’t think of a way to update the above Ticket Tags since their names are dynamic.

Something I have thought about. What if Ticket Note had ability to read {CHANGE AMOUNT} or other Ticket Template tags. You could create a Ticket Note and it would display the same information and you could recall that info.

I do not even know if that’s possible or not.

First of all I’ll try to solve the confusion. @na1978 implemented it to generate terminal based payment reports.

While working on @na1978’s database I’ve noticed he is voding already settled tickets. Since we generate reports from ticket tags these should be removed as well to generate correct numbers in reports.

Now we are talking about a different issue here. If we’re generating dynamic tag names how we can untag these… To be able to untag a tag we need to know it’s name. So maybe what we really need is a new feature to add notes to tags like we do for order tags.

Ticket Tag Notes would probably work, or…

How about use of wildcards?

Update Ticket Tag:
Name: PMT *
Value: (payment Cancelled)

@QMcKay

I tried to remove Ticket Tags when re-opening tickets, but it does not seem to work properly. I will switch to Custom SQL reports in order to pull Payments by Terminal.

@na1978 Custom reports is a very good way to build it as they keep it separate and sorted the way you want. @emre A new method would be great. I was thinking making Printer Template Tags work in Ticket Notes would be great because it would also display that information in the Ticket Note section of the Ticket Viewer. The only drawback would be the interaction with Kitchen and using actual order notes mixed with the Tag notes.

If you do design something new for this function, an ability to view it as a cell in the Ticket Viewer similar to how Ticket Notes do would be great.

Implemented for 4.1.50