Automatically Re-establish Connection to Database

Hi @emre

After testing the HP Stream Tablet running SambaPOS locally, one of the downfalls that I found was that when SambaPOS cannot communicate with the database it produces a error message or crashes and has to be closed down and relaunched. This can be time consuming especially whilst taking a order. I am aware this is not the case with the RDP method as it will freeze and then eventually catch-up without having the need to restart the application.

Is it possible to have a user friendly message box that comes up and says Connection Lost, Attempting re-connection in i.e 5 Seconds and have a option to manually reconnect?

I think this will be a great enhancement for local based installs.

I agree this this needs to be looked into. What would be useful is, if client Terminal can not establish connection to the database it should not loose the Data Connection Strings settings.

I have come across number of occasions where staff switched on the Clint terminal first instead of Server Terminal and data connection string was lost on the Client Terminal and had to be re-configured again. This causes problem when staff’s are not technical.

@morshed1 yes we had such issue before but I think I solved connection string loosing issue few releases before. Are you still experiencing that?

The issue was related with the error dialog that shows the connection string. Clicking Cancel button was resetting connection string.

Hi @emre, i initially observed the connection issue on SambaPOS version 4.1.39 and did not know issue was fixed. I have just tested latest version (SambaPOS 4.1.78) and can confirm data resetting connection string issue has been addressed/fixed.

For below requirement, i believe its referring to below when connection can not be established and SambaPOS need to be reloaded.

Is it possible to have a user friendly message box that comes up and says Connection Lost, Attempting re-connection in i.e 5 Seconds and have a option to manually reconnect?

1 Like

OK. got it. I’ll check if something better is possible.

1 Like