Barcode Open Ticket Scanning To Cash Out Customer

Did you setup the rest of it? show us the other setup specifically your display ticket on numberpad event. Also when are you printing the ticket?

Ok so when are you printing the ticket?

Show screenshots of your print ticket/receipt rule

when I do the scanner barcode printed ticket
shows only the paid and not the tikets not paid

My Print Template

excuse me if I’m confusing
sorry for my ignorance if the idea is even this.

I intend that the garçonn with terminal Ipad create orders and prints a ticket with barcode containing the orders.

when the client is to pay your bill should only present the ticket to the cashier.

Cash scans the barcode and get to the payment screen and pay and closes the ticket.

This is what I want, I would appreciate your help

{TICKET ID} is not generated until AFTER the ticket is closed. This explains why it works with your paid tickets and not the unpaid. You are printing the ticket BEFORE it is closed for your unpaid. Move your print bill action to print on event Ticket Closed.

BTW I explained this early on several threads up in this discussion. It is critical for this to work.

print several times when I close the ticket in every command that triggers the Ticket Closing Event, it prints

Example: Void and close ticket also prints

That is not ticket closed. That is ticket closing. It has to be after its closed. You will need to make a specific state flow for printing on ticket closed event. I will try to make it to my PC and show you an example. I’m currently on a tablet with no samba.

EDIT: Here is a link to a reworked Printing flow using Ticket Closed event and a State called AutoPrint. You can install this and study it to figure out a flow your happy with.

:warning: You will need to edit this so it prints unpaid tickets. It is setup to print after ticket is paid. But by studying this you should be able to get enough knowledge to set it up for your needs.

PS. As a side note I am thinking of redoing my system to use a random number instead of {TICKET ID} this would allow me to assign the number on ticket created event and I could recall that number anytime.

yes, I will work on it, and then tell you the result

An alternative to using {TICKET ID} is to setup a Ticket Tag and use {RANDOM:X} to generate a random number for example {RANDOM:20} would generate a random number 20 characters long for example:

PCA68PRTJGGU6J4AQAEM

This can be assigned on Ticket Created and you can use <BAR>{TICKET TAG:TC Number}

This would print a barcode with that unique random number.

@emre this is something Ive meant to ask for. Can we improve Display Ticket action to allow us to insert our own value other than just TICKET ID example would be if it found {TICKET TAG:TC Number} it would display that ticket.

I remember we discussed it before… Your idea lead me to think about ticket numbers. We force ticket number to update on printing. so allowing ticket number in Display Ticket action may work too. What do you think?

1 Like

Call me stubborn but for some reason I really like the idea of being able to use a definable random number where I can choose the character count and structure of the number.

Maybe its all the years of using Walmarts system and seeing how they structure their Transaction data.

@kendash

How can i print the Barcode in center of the Paper ?

use formatting in your printer template:

<C00>
<bar>{TICKET ID}

C = Centre

1 Like

@Jesse @emre @QMcKay
How can i Generates an Random string 9 numbers long that contains only numbers
I know i Can Use {RANDOM} But it’s too long
Thanks.

Does {RANDOM:9} not do this or is that value alphanumeric?

Thanks @RickH
{RANDOM:9} generates alphanumeric value. I need only numbers 9 long…

looking at the random tags available i dont think it is possible yet, @emre may need to create a new random tag that is specifically numeric

1 Like