Clearing of old Kitchen screen tickets

I have many ticket still active on my kitchen screen, you can not “Order ready” them, the stay there.

Is there a way to clear the entity screens without doing the total wipe…

Why cant your order ready them if they are ready? Surely you would always mark them as ready when they are ready?

To clear them you just need to change the ticket state to a state that isnt read by the ticket screen, so you could create an automation command button on the kitchen screen that has actions and rules to update the ticket to a different state. That state would not be setup on the kitchen screen so any tickets with that state ‘Disappear’ from the screen

it seems there could be a problem when you first void items and then try to use the “order ready” button.

This would be a configuration issue. It works fine with Voided items but it needs to be configured correctly.

has this been dealt with in a previous post?

It has but it would be hard to find. This is usualy specific to your setup. Can you show screenshots of your Ticket Lister Widget and any other relevant settings?

@kendas We had a power blackout now, can I please send you those screenshots as soon as I can. Thanks for the help

I also forgot to unmap the screen entities while not testing so there are lots of tickets that can be “order ready” but the time it would take is ridiculous.

Hence I thought a system to clear them would be better

Here is another screen with a voided item unable to “order ready”

So are any of those tickets paid? Try putting a reopen closed ticket action after load ticket.

all of them are paid

so to change any ticket or order states they must be reopened first. Just try what I said above it will work

ok it works good now, thank you… will it affect my accounting?

how would that affect your accounting? All you did was open the ticket change a state and close it again.

ok, the wording of my action is AC_reopen settled ticket… was just asking… as the background actions are still cloak and dagger to me.

Wording of an action is just that, wording. It having an AC in front of it doesn’t mean anything its just for visual reference in case you have multiple actions.

Actions and Rules are very straight forward they do what they are told to do and thats it. They can be build so they work on top of or with each other. For example you shouldnt worry if a Update Order State action would affect accounting… instead you might worry how it would affect your order flow.

I recommend studying it closer it will really make your use of SambaPOS help your business much much better.

PS. if you have AC_ in front of it you probably built it when following a tutorial from @QMcKay or maybe me. Q uses those prefixes a lot and it means Automation Command or something else for example, but not Accounting. I liked his use of those so I started to Prefix my actions and rules similarly.

1 Like