Discount buying two equal items

i have a promotion thats if you buy 2 equals product you get an special price, for example1 beer it cost 56 if you buy 2 it cost 100 in total, how can implement that?

@juanpitti I’m still thinking a solution for that.

Sounds like a simple way to offer a promotion. Does anyone needs something similar?

2 Likes

sorry, you already found a way to make it??

@juanpitti
you can do this by order tagged event and in OP_Set Order Price Price [=TN(’{PRICE}’)+TN(44)]

so your first beer will be at $56 and each additional will cost $44 each.

@juanpitti it is great to hear from you again… How are you? Did you changed your account name? I’ve remembered you from your avatar.

I wanted to hear more ideas about that to understand if anyone tried similar promotion. At first thought I can find at least three ways to implement that.

1. We can add a Promotion button on ticket and clicking it + clicking a menu item can add 2 items with discounted price.
  2. That promotion button can work for selected orders so clicking on an order line + Clicking Promotion button can change order quantity and price.
  3. We can add additional buttons to menu as 2 Beer so Clicking Beer button will be a regular sale and 2 Beer button will sell 2 beer with discounted price. In this case we need to add secondary menu buttons for all promoted items but I think it will be the easiest for operator.
  4. … I can think even more solutions. We can display a popup after adding promoted items and ask operator to update it as a promotion or not.

If you can tell us more details about your need we may find even better solution.

yes, thanks, im very good and inpruving my samba pos every day, your guys are doing an amazing job with this stuff, i change my account when you change the page, i did not understand very good if was necesary or not, but i did it any way, so, were i am, buying every new relese that you create traying to suport your proyect as much as i can, so, again thanks for everithing if it posile for me to help in other way just let me know. chears

my idea it is when the program detect 2 equal items on a thicket as:
1 beer $56
1 beer $56
automatically do a discount of 12 or better, change the price of the product to 50
but only if is 2 or 4 or 6 no if i add one after another, i mean do the discount if you buy a pair
i want to avoid add more items to my menu

Well… If I’m not wrong what you are requesting is “searching through whole ticket to update order prices back and forth automatically by a custom logic while operator randomly adds, removes or modifies orders”. Sorry that kind of price updating feature is not possible atm.