2 option sales when log in

For what your using the system for it makes much more sense to give Vendor A a username that triggers Database A, Give Vendor B a username that triggers Database B. Simple solution and no complex automation to deal with.

1 Like

Can you help me? i can’t do it. How to do best way to change database?
Which rule or action i must to use?
All username as waiter can select where is vendor to order

Handle User Logged In event and execute change database connection by logged in user name. For example if UserA logged in enable connection 1 and if UserB logged in enable connection 2. You need to have UserA and UserB users in both databases.

Well I should say we don’t officially support that kind of use. That action already exists for a different use so I recommended you to try that. Nobody really using a single terminal for handling two separate businesses so there might be further issues you may need to deal in the future and if you’re not too familiar to SambaPOS advanced configurations it might be a better idea to think for other solutions like separating businesses by departments inside SambaPOS.

can 1 komputer run 2 sambapos, and how to make sambapos operated not fullscreen

No you can’t run 2 sambapos on a single Computer.
You can double click on top left SambaPOS logo to switch to windowed mode.

Why don’t you separate businesses by departments?

Because customer request, they use 2 vendor and different name registered VAT at each vendor.
i think to reject this project.

You can setup dual department, dual ticket types, dual VAT accounts, all you need is there. and make custom reports for each

Its doable but your obviously pushing the boundaries given this is quite a unique requirement

Depends on how much segregation you need.

So customer wants to run 2 POS instances to run two separate businesses on a single computer? Newer saw that kind of use to date. When I think about that you’ll also encounter a license issue as you’re literally running 2 separate databases. I’d be glad to help but unfortunately this is not a case we’re intended to solve with SambaPOS.

Yes, they have 2 cashier for 2 vendor where is 2 licence database, and 3 order station and 5 tablet windows to run bussiness.
vendor A is franchise from thai food and vendor B franchise from Italian coffee bar

We have lots of customers who uses similar setups and we use departments (and ticket types where needed) to separate these businesses.

1 Like

oke, i will ask owner, if they want. Could you please give example for me, for make owner believe it

I also need a setup where I have a bar and a hotel owned under one roof, each owned by different directors. But they want to share the waiters where a waiter can sell bar items and hotel items the the reports and metrik app should show hotel and bar reports separately. Is it doable. Kindly