7shifts Integration Time Clock and Sales

HMM Check your API KEY make sure its correct.

Done

Seems to be correct.

This is what I get on 7shift

and this is in the script

I wonder if its because its a demo account.

Use my key for a single test. Then delete it after because it is my live restaurant but one second ill get you exact syntax to type.

Could it have something to do with the fact that im a 14 day trial?

Im wondering though if that was the case, I wouldn’t be provided with an API.

I think the 14 day trial gives you full access.

Check your pm i just sent.

Ok it worked
 so its the trial.

OK I tested your API and it seems to have worked

I get

Hmmmmmm. I wonder if I can generate a new API

I think its because of trial.

1 Like

Or maybe it is the tria. I might have to ask 7shifts about this,

Yes. Please remove that key so you dont accidentally mess my employee up :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to run a test with the actual automation we can do that now then you can remove it. just use pin 9433

A couple changes I made to it was on the Clock User In rule I moved the Logout User action to execute last after the Global Setting actions.

I also restricted it to not ask the question on user login for admin by putting a USER ROLE Not Equals Admin custom constraint on it. I removed the check for work period being open.

That’s ok. Ive notified the 7Shift team to give me a clarification.

So just to confirm, when a user logs in, they are auatomatically punched in if they were not punched in before.

And they received a button to punch out.

Correct?

When a user logs in it will ask them if they want to punch in. If they are already clocked in it will skip that. THen there is a button on POS screen for clock out. It will take them to a screen asking if they wish to clock out or not. I added a cancel button on that screen.

EDIT: I dont think the cancel button was in that dbtools file I added that to my live system and have not updated it yet.

Ahh right.

Ok so in that case im not seeing any of those buttons.

When i created the user Shivan with the pin 21081. I logged out, logged in with that user. All i got was a logout screen.

No prompt to punch in or anything. I just get the blank page with the logout.

I did rebuild the default nav buttons too. But definitely not receiving any punch in prompts.

BUT when i go to Time Clock, it has the user name and a button to Clock out there.

Is a work period opened? Remove the work period check constraint from the user login rule.

Remove that first custom constraint add one for Role Name Not Equals Admin

Yep.

I also removed the constraint in the rule like you mentioned. See below

So when you logged in it did not ask the question? Let me remote in to my live system and check for any other changes I may have made recently.

Nope. To confirm this, since I was logged into Samba with user Shivan. I went to Time Clock Entity screen, and press “Clock Out” .

I got logged out.

I signed back in and it waited about 5 seconds, then took me to Nav screen.

No prompts or anything