A couple questions about Printing

Ok, I have been using Samba for awhile now and i am finally comfortable with editing menus and such, but i still have some things that i just can’t figure out.

1. Printer Templates:

• Ticket Template: I do not know how to put a header on the ticket template. I’ve tried many times and have failed. I am not familiar with the coding that is used in Samba. I want the ticket to say “North Fork Country Club” and then the phone number and some other details below it. Also, for some unknown reason, it keeps putting a “B” on the top left side of every ticket printed (See Attached Photo) I would also like to show the tax on the receipt as well as a “tip suggestion” line that shows how much someone should tip in percentage. ALSO, how can i make it that AFTER they pay, it prints out a slip that has everything it had before plus what type of payment method they used?

[LAYOUT]
    – General layout
    Ticket
    Date:{TICKET DATE}
    Time:{TIME}
    {ENTITIES}
    Server:{USER NAME}
    Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
    -
    {ORDERS}
    =

{DISCOUNTS}
    [Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
    {SERVICES}
    Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
    {PAYMENTS}

=
    T H A N K Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
    {CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
    {CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
    {PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
    – Default format for orders
    - {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
    {ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
    – Format for gifted orders
    - {QUANTITY} {NAME}|GIFT
    {ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
    – Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
    – Format for order tags
    * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
    – Table entity format
    Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
    – Customer entity format
    Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

• Kitchen Printer
    I want it so that is someone gets a drink or alcohol that it does not print to the kitchen. Also I want to know how to change the color to red for like things that were added on. Is there a way to only send food voids back to the kitchen, not like alcohol or drink voids? Also, is there a way to change the font size for both ticket templates. The font is very small.

[LAYOUT]
    Ticket
    Table:{ENTITY NAME:Table}
    -
    {ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
    - {QUANTITY} {NAME}
    {ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
    - {QUANTITY} {NAME}|Void
    {ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
    – Format for order tags
    * {ORDER TAG NAME}

• Splitting Checks:
    There has to be an easier way. I put all the food in to one order then close the order to send it to the kitchen, but when i go to split it i have to close out back to the POS screen between every check. Is there an easier way?

I know this is a lot of questions, but i greatly appreciate your time! Thank you to everyone! If i think of any more questions, i will update this post!

3 Likes

Wow, thank you so much! I’m gonna try to configure everything and if I have any issues on the way ill ask them here.

Ok first question: I see how to send drinks to a bar printer but is there a way to just not have them print at all? At this point, we do not need drinks to print to a bar printer. or do we have a bar printer.

Yeah, “Print Jobs” and remove all mappings

2 Likes

Ok, im trying to put the Suggested Tip on the receipt and this is what i have:
It won’t print the percentages but it will print 18%=

[LAYOUT]
– General layout
Ticket
{ENTITIES}
Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
-
{ORDERS}
=

{DISCOUNTS}
[Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}

= Suggested Tip: 18% = [=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')*.18)] 20% = [=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')*.2)] 22% = [=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')*.22)] T H A N K Y O U

You did not tell it to do anything. Try * .18

Im sorry, i dont know why it didnt copy right. this is what i have. and it still isnt working.

18% = [=F(TN(’{TICKET TOTAL}’).18)] 20% = [=F(TN(’{TICKET TOTAL}’).2)] 22% = [=F(TN(’{TICKET TOTAL}’)*.22)]

Youve missed the * before.18 and .2

Also try removing the = after 18%, 20% and 22% and use a colon instead as the = could be affecting the expresssion i had that issue somewhere else i cant remember now

So do
18%: (then your expression)
20%: (then your expression)
Etc

Nope, Still isnt working:

> <F>=
> Suggested Tip:
> <L00>18%: [=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')*.18)] 20%: [=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')*.2)] 22%: [=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')*.22)]
> <C10>T H A N K   Y O U

You have to use spaces so it should be:

[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}') * .18)]

Notice the space before and after the *

Just a quick clarification. You do not need to use spaces if you properly format your multiplier number with the leading zero before the decimal. This works just fine:

[=F(TN('{TICKET TOTAL}')*0.18)]
3 Likes

Did this question get answered about different text colors for order tags?

You cannot change the color of the text on the Ticket Display.

I think what @rcorado is referring to is the dotmatrix style kitchen printers which have black and red ribbons.
Have not got one yet but am look out for one. The epson ones I believe have black and red (or at least the one I was looking at)

If that is the case, you will need to learn the escape codes for the printer to make it switch color. When you have figured that out, you can use the <XCT>a,b,c,d command in the Printer Template.

1 Like

Thanks Joe and QM. Yes we have a dot-matrix printer. I will see about using the commands. I was curious where exactly they go but will try a few configs.

Formatting codes will usually go at the beginning on the line for this type formatting.

Thanks Joe, this is what I am trying to achieve exactly but no luck so far:

I copied and pasted the exact receipt template Emre provided but not printing as expected. Any thoughts?

Would check the documentation for your printer…
Might need enabling for a different code.