A few help needed for V4

Hi guys we plan to use Sambapos V4 as food ordering kiosk. Is it possible to achieve the following?

1. Automatically settle order when print bill is selected - As Im using the the system as a food ordering kiosk, I will let customer select the food they want and they will print bill and on ticket it will display the estimated time to collect the food. No transaction is require and so no need for payment screen, only food selection and print bill.

2. On the select table screen (right before menu screen) can i have a popup window for customer to enter their name and telephone number ? After filling in the 2 fields they will be able to select table and then into the food menu screen. So when bill is printed, we as the owner will know which ticket belongs to which customer with the customer name and telephone number printed on it

Are they actually paying for food? Or do they pay for it later at a register? Do you want customers selecting a table? Sounds kind of odd for a kiosk.

Do you have a kiosk at each table?

If you can explain your business flow better we can provide better suggestions.

so there will be 2 sambapos v4 running for this restaurant, one is for the customer side and the other in the restaurant . once bill is printed, there will be 2 bill printed together. One for the customer telling them the estimated time to collect the food and also to make payment for (customer will also be able to select the payment method they want for eg cash, credit card and etc) at the restaurant main counter, and the other ticket will be printed for the restaurant to prepare for the orde.

So for the customer ticket eg “Customer ABC” , I will need the ticket to show the customer name eg ABC and telephone number for the restaurant to track the ticket if needed and also the payment method customer prefer.

For the sambapos that is running on the restaurant side, it will show that a entity for eg “C1” (which is referring to customer ABC") is highlighted which means open order and the restaurant will settle the payment once customer has arrive to make the payment upon collecting the food.

Hi Kendash please help me out… Really appreciate it…

So it sounds like you really do not need to Settle ticket with customer. Instead you need to just show which method they prefer to pay with and print 2 tickets. Also need to record customers information.

We can approach this several ways but can you answer this. Do you want the customer selecting Table? Do you use tables for anything? Or does customer just get food and pick a random table to eat it at?

Thank you so much for your reply

there will be 2 entity screen “DINE IN” and “TAKEAWAY” for dine in there will be tables for customer to select, for takeaway (to go) there won’t be tables selection and instead there will just be a single “CLICK HERE FOR TAKEAWAY (TO GO) ORDER” selection

So for your Dine In do you bring food to their table?

yes we do serve them for dine in customers

Ok thank yo u. So in order to popup asking them to enter their information you should use Entity Changed Rule event and then use Update Entity Data action I will give a screenshot in a moment.

One more thing so we are clear… do they pay after they eat? I mean they dont imediately pay when they use kiosk right?

Thanks a lot Kendash!

For dine in customers they will usually pay after they finish eating. As for takeaways customer they will only pay when they come to collect their food

OK so we definitely do not want to actually settle ticket on Print Bill. Instead its better to just designate payment type and close ticket… Keep it open and then settle when they pay. I can show you how make buttons to save their payment method. I am curious though why save their payment method? Cant they just tell you when they pay?

for dine in customer yes they may tell us their prefer payment method when making payment, but for takeaway customers i think its more user friendly to let them choose their preferred payment method after selecting their food.

also for takeaway customers as i mentioned there will only be a single entity “CLICK HERE FOR TAKEAWAY ORDER” under the entity screen “TAKEAWAY” and if we do not settle the order of the existing takeaway customer, the next takeaway customer using the kiosk will not be able to have a new order as its still a open order. is there anyway to fix this?

You can close tickets by simply adding a ticket tag. or Entity to the ticket. You do not have to settle it. Instead of using Entity for it… Use a separate Department and set the Department to Create Ticket instead of Select Entity. We can use Order Added to Ticket rule event to trigger a popup requiring them to type their name and anyother info you want. It will assign their entity or put the info in a ticket tag letting you close ticket.

So flow for your Take away is they approach kiosk and its ready for order… they simply select an order and it pops up asking them to enter their information like name etc. Then they can press finished button and it will print bills and close ticket. You can even print a barcode so when they come to pay cashier simply scans ticket and it brings it up.

Does that sound ok?

PS: for take away if you want them to pay at time they place order you can do that as well. But if you do not want them to pay yet then we can discuss options for it.

1 Like

Ok. Kendash can you give me a screenshot for the steps? So sorry about it, just want to make sure im doing it correctly

and for takeaway, YES YOU DEFINITELY NAIL IT! That is what I want and the barcode scanning idea is awesome! Sorry kendash can i have the steps on how to achieve these steps? and for takeaway I will not want them to pay at the time they place order. It will only be when they come to collect their food

Yes I can show you but give me a few minutes.

Definitely. I will wait :smiley:

First you need a department for Take Away and it should be set to Create Ticket.

Quick question is customer Name good enough for Take Away ticket or do you want more information like phone # etc?

Hi Kendash. I will want customer name and telephone number for take away ticket

Hi Kendash sorry, are you still there? :wink: