A few help needed for V4

@emre please advise on the steps i should take now for making this right… To enable multiple entry of same entity name for customers. I tried putting “phone number” as the primary field name but its not working

i tried but its still same…

Show step you did on new entity.

this is the entity type for customers

Primary Field Name should be Phone not Phone Number. Your field is Phone… its got to be exact. Or change the field name to Phone Number so it matches…

1 Like

You can configure it as shown on first screen shot.

H guys is there anyway to remove the “tendered and change due” that is shown on my ticket? Because the tags are not on my printer template but still it shows

If tags are not in template then they don’t magically just show. Copy and paste your template here so we can spot your mistake.

1 Like

This is the printer template im using

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<ec>
<BMP>C:\logo.bmp
<T>
<C10> XXX SHOP
<T>
<T>
<T>
<L00>
<L00>XXXX DEMO SHOP
<L00>
<L00>
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
<L00>
{ENTITIES}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>

{DISCOUNTS}
<J10>Total to be paid:|{TICKET TOTAL}
<F>=
<L00>
<L00>
<C10>Thank you for placing your order!
<L00>
<c10> XXX
<L00>
<c10>Current Time: {TIME}
<L00>
<c10> XXX
<L00>
<L00>
<L00>
<T>
<T>E-Kiosk System 
<T>By ARC Networx
<T>

[DISCOUNTS]
<J10>{CALCULATION NAME} ${CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J10>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT GROUP]
<C00>-{GROUP KEY}-

[ORDERS GROUP:İçecekler]
<C00>-{GROUP KEY}-
<C00>%50 discount for Coke on Fridays!

[ORDERS FOOTER]
<R>Total: {GROUP SUM}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

<J00>Tendered|${SETTING:Amount Tendered}
<J00>Change Due|${SETTING:Change Due}

Tendered and change due tags are right at the botton of your template tou pasted. If you only want them to show when ther are values associated to them put square brackets at the start and end, example

[ insert your tag here ]

Hi emre, if I want to set both the customer name and phone to enable duplicates of one another what should I set for those fields under customer entity type?

I have 3 questions…

1. how do I remove the “1” that is displayed on the top left of the entity?

1. Where do i edit the selection of these tables once I entered into menu screen after selecting the entity screen?

1. How do I remove the “Click here for new order: Takeaway” note that is on the menu screeen? This is for “Food Kiosk: Takeaway” entity screen

Hi kendash… please help me on my above issue please…

Well it seems you either misunderstood my advice or you decided to go a different route. Your still using entity selection to start takeaway or dine in. I advised not to do that and provided an example of how to build a flow.

hi kendash sorry. I have set it back to create ticket type for takeaway department. But there is 2 button select food kiosk dine in and select food kiosk takeaway on the left, is there anyway to remove them?

Yes you delete those Entity Types if you have tickets arleady then just go to Tickets > Ticket TYpe and unmap it from the ticket type.

OK it works! anyway kendash this is my work flow now that i have come up with and Im achieving all of that soon thanks to the wonderful help here on the community forum. I have revised the work flow a little and I really hope it can be done on sambapos.

1) Customer enter their name and Telephone no (This is already done, but it has to allow duplicates of names and telephone no for future customers)

2) Customer select food

3) Then there will be a button that let customer choose to either pay at the counter or pay by “Credit Card” or "XXX"method

4) Then the receipt will be printed with the customer name and telephone no plus the payment method customer has chosen and with customized message for example if customer choose to pay by credit card it will show the text "Please make your payment at the credit card machine"

1 Like

Great! I could create the entire thing and show you step by step how to do it but that takes a lot of my time for something I wont use and while you might learn from following it, you wont learn as much as you would by trying to build it yourself.

I challenged you by giving you some samples to work from. You will make mistakes, when you do ask us here we will help you. Dont get frustrated keep going. After you make mistakes and learn from them you will be able to implement much better stuff for your business.

Anything can be done by SambaPOS even if it doesnt make sense to anyone else. Using version 4 you might limit yourself however as Version 5 is the only version getting updates. For example if you need a specific feature thats not available to accomplish something your trying to do Emre can make it available if it makes sense and can be usable by many people but not for version4.

That’s great Kendash i will do my best. Please do give me the samples for me to work on :)grinning:

btw kendash, emre provide the attached screenshot on how to duplicate names but make phone no define. Is there anyway to allow both to have duplicate names and phone no? Because that’s what I want