A few help needed for V4

That’s great Kendash i will do my best. Please do give me the samples for me to work on :)grinning:

btw kendash, emre provide the attached screenshot on how to duplicate names but make phone no define. Is there anyway to allow both to have duplicate names and phone no? Because that’s what I want

That does allow both, it just means it uses Phone Number as primary field allowing duplicate Names.

But just incase we are not understanding each other…Your not asking to have Multiple Customers with same name and Same phone number are you?

Example:

John 777-777-7777
John 777-777-7777

Am I correct that you do not want that?

If you do then we need to pick a third Data that is unique… possibly assign a random unique number to each Entity and make that the Primary key.

I will want to have multiple customers with the same name and same phone number

So you regularly get customers that have same phone number and share exact same name? Strange but I guess its possible if they are same family.

This means you need to add a third Custom Data to your entities and make sure its unique then use it as primary Key.

We can use Random generated numbers for this with {RANDOM} tag You could call it Customer Number or whatever you like.

sorry, you mean I have to create custom field under customer entity type?

Yes that is what I mean. It also means that the actions I showed you need to be changed so its using {RANDOM} tag for Customer Number custom data field. This way when it creates an entity its also assigning it a unique Customer Number.

sorry kendash can you check if im doing correctly? because im still getting crash report when i insert same customer name

That is wrong. Sorry {RANDOM} will be used in the rule that creates the Entity. You need to actually create a Custom Field called Customer Number and your primary field should be Customer Number You can leave Primary Field Format blank.

Im sorry I dont have time to show you step by step right now I am working on some of my own stuff.

No worries Kendash let me try…

Your getting into some advanced setup discussion you might want to slow down and study each individual concept first. Get familiar with how Entities work and specifically how to create and manipulate Entity Data and Custom Entity Data.

Search forum for Custom Entity Data there are tons of examples of it in use.

I will try to explain the Duplicate Entity crash you keep seeing. Basically its a database, It has a Primary Field for doing searches against and then it can link to other data within that Entity. If you have duplicate Primary Fields in this case Customer Name how would it know which one is the one you want? Answer is it cant so it crashes. So you need to have an identifier that is unique for EVERY entity and that needs to be the Primary Field.

So if you want to allow multiple Entities with same name then you need to use a different field as primary and it needs to be unique. We suggested Phone Number because typically in most places two people with same name will never have same Phone Number those are very low odds. But possibly in the area you live families share names often and might use single phone in the house… So that means you need to have a third field that needs to be unique. I suggested Customer Number but really it can be anything you want.

Kendash for the tag {RANDOM} where do i insert it in? is it under those 3 rules that we have created before?

Its used with the action for Create Entity. The samples I provided were very basic using Entity Name you would need to redo the action and the rules a little to create the Entities with the Random Number. So once you have the Create Entity action setup correctly then in the rule that has the Create Entity action you would use {RANDOM} for the appropriate Parameter inside that action.

I may stop responding for a while so I can get some stuff done here. Later tonight if your still stumped or if someone else doesnt help you I will try and provide more detailed examples. You are attempting a semi complex setup with bare minimal knowledge so I understand you may be having trouble. That is why I suggested you study the basics of how the Entities work and specifically how to use Create Entity action and Entity Custom Data fields.

Ok let me try for the next hour or so and i will get back to you. thank you so much kendash

Kendash can you try to provide a few detailed examples for me later when you are more free? Like where to add the {Random} tag and also which part of the action and rules needs to be edited…

Because i tried to edit the actions and rules but its not working… Sorry to trouble you on this. I just need a few more detailed examples or screenshots and I will use it as a guide/reference

and for these points I mentioned earlier for my workflow, can you provide some examples as well? For me to explore and take reference

1) Customer enter their name and Telephone no (This is already done, but it has to allow duplicates of names and telephone no for future customers)

2) Customer select food

3) Then there will be a button that let customer choose to either pay at the counter or pay by "Credit Card" or "XXX"method

4) Then the receipt will be printed with the customer name and telephone no plus the payment method customer has chosen and with customized message for example if customer choose to pay by credit card it will show the text "Please make your payment at the credit card machine"

I’ll suggest you to search for discussions regarding Loyalty or Gift Certificates. Might not be directly what you want but you’ll learn lots of features related with that setup.

1 Like

@Johnson_O I really would love to sit down and write this out for you. I would do that for everyone on here if I had the time. I know it doesnt solve it for you and you might be confused and trying to learn it but it really is good for you to explore these concepts deeper and try to figure this out. We can help you when you make mistakes and cant seem to get something to work.

Lots of tutorials and examples all over the forum that deal with these concepts. None of them do exactly what your wanting to do so you wont find that but they will demonstrate how to use it so you can build your own customization.

Its really good if you take some extra time even if its frustraiting you and try to learn some of these basics first. Like Emre said try doing a few of those loyalty or Gift Certificate tutorials.

Today I found myself wanting to help about 30 people at same time. Everything interested me and I attempted but I quickly overwhelmed myself and couldn’t keep up. So I have to switch tactics and try and get you guys to discover more features the old fashioned way.