ACCOUNTING REPORT Tags Expressions

Hello @emre

I need some here as I have made a glaring stuff thinking I could departmentalize Accounting but these Tags below do not support Expressions:

[NEW!] How to use Custom Reports Module 1.0:

Emre I was expecting to be able to do something like this:

{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:Customer Account Transaction:Customer Accounts:(DE=Bar)}

The mere fact we had departments I assume we could separate the Accounting? We would assume most venues would not wish to have other departments looking at each others income…

I am trying to Departmentalize Cash Incomes Report:

Having a look at the DBO structures I have no chance as Department ID only exists in some Mapping DBO that is not used?

Following this link:

INFERS my Account structures will need to Quadruple and go further depending on how many departments we use?

I really going to need your help here as I cannot go LIVE until I am sure my Account Structures are correct.
Your assistance please.

You can create separate Customer Account Transaction documents for each department and map them through document type’s department mapping.

Well there is no single purpose of departments. Some venues have kitchen, bar, delivery departments. Some people separates cash transactions by currency. Some separates them by physical tills. Being able to define separate account transaction types and document types solves all cases I saw to date.

Can you please give an example.

So I assume I need to modify my account structure like:

CASH: Department Bar
CASH Department: Kitchen

So the issue is Customer Account Payments can be Cash; Credit; Voucher; Acccount Customer; Account Prize; Account Member; and Account Bar.

So you are telling me these all need to be CLONED by Department correct?

Where I said that? I know my English is not perfect but I don’t think I said clone all your accounts.

See this one.

{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:Customer Cash Payment:Cash}

It only lists cash account transactions made by customer cash payment transaction. If you need to separate them you can define two Customer Cash Payment transaction types and filter cash account transactions like…

{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:Customer's Bar Cash Payment:Cash}

If you review Sample report I’ve filtered Payment Type accounts by using different report features.

[Expenses:1,2,1]
>Cash Transactions||
{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:Cash Expense:Cash}
Total||{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Cash Expense:Cash}

[Incomes:1,2,1]
>Sale Incomes||
Cash||{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Payment Transaction:Cash}
Credit Card||{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Payment Transaction:Credit Card}
Total||{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Payment Transaction:Payment Accounts}
>Cash Transactions||
{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:Cash Income:Cash}
{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:Customer Cash Payment:Cash}
Total||[=F((TN('{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Cash Income:Cash}')+TN('{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Customer Cash Payment:Cash}')),'#,#0.00')]
>Income Totals||
Cash||{ACCOUNT DEBIT TOTAL:Cash}
Credit Card||{ACCOUNT DEBIT TOTAL:Credit Card}

[Totals:3,1]
Cash|{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash}
Credit Card|{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Credit Card}
Total|{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Payment Accounts}

For example

{ACCOUNT TOTAL:Cash}
{ACCOUNT DEBIT TOTAL:Cash}
{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Cash Income:Cash}
{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:Cash Income:Cash}
{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Payment Transaction:Cash}
{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:Cash Expense:Cash}

All of them takes data from single Cash account. We still have single cash account. We filter it by transaction types.

PS: On Tills tutorial there are separate Cash Accounts because these are physically separate Cash Drawers and tracked separately.

Ok I try this after dinner.
I need to reproduce this report above DEPARTMENT and then by TILL DRAW…
That is my task does that help?

If you have till based distinction you need to select a till for all cash transactions. Best way to do that is having separate cash accounts as I’ve demonstrated in tutorial.

Sorry, so if I need the Report by:
CONSOLIDATED $$$
DEPARTMENT A $$$
…TILL 1 $$$
…TILL 2 $$$
DEPARTMENT B $$$
…TILL $$$

I use separate Accounts: Cash; Credit;Voucher;Customer Account;Prize Account;Bar Account; and Member Account, for transactions. Then to Group by Dpeartment I use xxx Account Transaction Document by Department?

Well that Customer Bar Cash Payment:Cash is not DEPARTMENT specific and can occur in all Departments. So I was referring to these Account Transaction Types below.

These have to be cloned?

Account Transaction Types

AND then to run separate TILL CASH Draws these accounts need to be cloned per Till.

Also @emre there is no Button Header? So when tracking Tills I am going to get rather cramped especially when dealing with 4 Departments and Payment Processors as well!

The thing I am also working out is do I need to Clone Payment Types for Accounts and Wallets as these do not affect Till Balances BUT do affect Department Accounts and “Income Values”.

:confused:

EDIT:
Actually Bar will be -
Cash Bar 1
Cash Bar 2
As we will be using 2 draws in the 1st venue and 4 Draws in the 2nd venue…

Hello Dears, I have a issue with account details (expanse details) I was did setup expanse function with this tutorials Expenses and Payouts - Method Q but now my issue if i enter my cashdrawe expence that will be goin in refunnd section , please help me how can i solve this issue/

Regards

Show us what you did. Its hard for us to know without seeimg it.

PLease tell me sir, what i have send to you|?

Typically the way our forum works is you show in detail what your problem is. You use screenshots and detailed explanations. You wont get much help if the community cant understand what your oroblem is.

I understand you probably setup accounting wrong for what you expect but its hard to know exactly.

Start with showing us your accounting that you setup specifically your transaction types. Also is that the default WP report?

Thank you sir, i am a new in smabapos My problem is expenses not coming in expense section, which i upload my image you can see in expenses is not showing. My expenses today 1308.00. its going wrong section, you can see this amount in refund section, today i did not make any refund.This is the issue, i can i solve this issue, i need 1308 should be in expense section.
I make setup expenses with this tutorial Expenses and Payouts - Method Q
Thank you.

Thank you sir, i am a new in smabapos My problem is expenses not coming in expense section, which i upload my image you can see in expenses is not showing. My expenses today 1308.00. its going wrong section, you can see this amount in refund section, today i did not make any refund.This is the issue, i can i solve this issue, i need 1308 should be in expense section.
I make setup expenses with this tutorial Help required for Sam4S Kitchen Printer
Thank you.

Hello Dear, Can you help me ?

I think your question needs better explanation. You’re saying it appears under refund account but on your screen shots 1,308.00 amount appears under Shop Expense Account. So it is hard to understand what your issue is. Accounting part of SambaPOS works fine for years without any issue. It is impossible to see an amount under a different account so it should be a configuration issue. It might be a good idea to review your configuration and especially if you’re implementing a tutorial feel free to ask parts you don’t understand so you can find your mistakes easily. Understanding how accounting works important to be able to configure a good account plan for your business needs.