Add X of same item, apply % discount

I’m trying to achieve the following discount automation using Adjust Order Prices action where a customer buys 5 of the same items and get 5% discount of those items.

It’s currently set up to apply 5% discount for any 5 items under the SingleOrBox Product Tag- which is close my goal, but not quite.

I’m hoping there is a different group or order selector that can achieve this?

Thank you

You mean to apply it to any product in a single rule as 5 of and 1 product?

Hi JTR, here are some examples-

Add 5 Apples to Ticket, apply 5% discount to 5 Apples.
Add 4 Apples and 1 Orange to Ticket, no discount because there isn’t 5 of same item on ticket.
Add 5 Apples and 1 Orange to Ticket, 5% discount to the 5 Apples but not to the Orange.
Add 5 Apples and 5 Oranges to Ticket, apply 5% discount to the 5 Apples and the 5 Oranges.

Maybe the Adjust Orders Prices action won’t work and we need to use a completely different automation approach to achieve this?

Only thing I can think of is posibly using order name but all examples of the action I’ve seen or done had expressions as = a fixed string.
Posibly you could try using the rule event variable of order added as a variable…
Not tested.
What event you curently using?

Ticket Total Changed rule event but Order Added to Ticket could also work.

I’m not sure if this post would be any help:

1 Like

I did reference that thread initially and it helped me get the Adjust Order Prices action working, but it’s using the X for Y function instead of the X for Y%.

Still trying to figure out how to build this discount automation…