Adding products from POS

Can I be able to add products from the POS screen without having to go into Manage? For example, if I scan a product and if it isn’t already in the database it would pop up the add product screen.

No it currently does not support this.

@emre Can pls move to request not to argue or slapping feature its for future as we need more control on management ,its been asking for more than a year hope so the reason question raising again and again on user roles .we have updated to 4,5 and soon 6 and implemented many features even not in list thanks forum. samba POS has many actions rules constraints other than a admin open with admin rights and admin has knowledge how it works but the person opened management doesnt need to have knowledge or a member of forum i mean staff always change they dont know what is samba do ,delete a single word or whole rule will breakdown. Sorry if it already has some features , adding product is basic simple thing there is no need to be a admin physically there always , a staff can add a new product arrived on that day I hope . I have already requested this but some one replied that can be done with custom navigation but never tried really.
I been away had same problem my staff cant add a product.
The main and important thing is security if giving admin rights , if clear transaction executed? have a backup anyway but still can loose that day transactions its just my opinion of breaking management into few more categories . Like Acommand buttons, rules,actions,Program ,local settings and database tools into one category . hope see in V6

@gsreddy have you seen the discussions about the feature he added that lets you control a users access to management screen? You can build an entity screen with Command Buttons that give access to ONLY specific parts of Manage. For example. This has been available since 5.1.59

https://forum.sambapos.com/t/sambapos-5-1-59-release/10218

2 Likes

thank you but the truly i missed this topic .

1 Like

I had a problem when adding the Navigating to specific Management Modules as admin only able to open when clicked what I noticed I mapped default, when you change user role tick Can open Management its working. in this case why we need specific Management as they can simply open management each section. Is there any my setup wrong?

You remove manage button from their screen. Why even have the button there for them? The only nav screen that needs manage button is admin.

3 Likes

@emre was testing any way they cannot enter into management I don’t think It makes difference , as I tested with remove management . still its not work until a admin logins.

Yes but do they have access to managment?
The custom nav button gives a link to a specific admin section.
However this is seperate to user roles… its just a link… if you have no access its no difference to the normal mannage button which would be disabled.
Allow manage access to that user role.
Unmap full manage button to only show or enable for admin and allow the new link to section button for all…
Without the full normal manage button user role permission means nothing as they cant get to it without the button…

2 Likes

Yes its working that way.Thank you @JTRTech

1 Like