Admin Void Report Issues

Hi Everyone,

Please am presently having an issue.

Voids works fine in SambaPOS V5 .

But when i block the void from the Cashier Access and Make authorization for the admin to

allow for Voiding, when i check my Void report, it still shows in the cashier name instead of

the admin’s personels name who voided the transaction.

Please can i get a report that will show me the Admin personnel that authorized the voiding.

Thank you

Admin verification does not change who did the void. It is just to allow it. The void is still executed by user that’s logged in.

As jesse said.
Simplest way is to change mapping for void to either only show or only work for specific roles rather than admin confirmation. Making the manager/admin logout and log in their own user to void.

It is possible to achieve like what you say but it is not simple. I have recently done this on my setup but like i say its not simple.
You would need to recreate the admin pin prompt and use a script to check the pin in database and if that user has can confirm admin pin option set. Then save the returned username as something like an order state which then allows you to report the actual user who ‘auth’ the void.
Again, its not a quick simple setup.

I documnted part of it here;

however its not a complete solution just the inital custom admin pin part.