I am now issuying my tickets on an epson matricial ticket printer.
This paper ticket is the legal document for the tax office.
It is a 3 paper roll:
- a witness copy kept in the printer
- 1 or 2 copy for the customer
As from August, the 1st, I have to enter the electronic-billing system, which mainly consists of:
- sending all the tickets in XML format to the tax office at the end of the day
- printing a simple ticket (termal printer) containing the information for the customer to see (QR code + web) or to receive (email) his electronic bill
Before starting this (big) work, I would like to ask you some advise on you would do, mainly for the XML conversion.
To have an idea of the XML format, it’d be worth to have a look on this link (Pag. 18:there is an exemple)
This is the xml format for one type of bill, it’s just one part of the work.
Some ideas/question/doubt before starting
- I am used to Unix, so unaware of windows programming
- I can do script (sed, awk), standard C, some other.
- I struggle with OO (classes, etc , although I know xml-classes could be easilly integrated)
- I have never programmed on windows however that’s where SambaPOS runs, so …
- I like simple tasks (windows) OS version independant.
- I am lost in big IDE like eclipse, …
- Is there already existing module that can be reused
- Integration with/in SambaPOS or Separate program that takes the daily ticket text file as input to produce and send xml