After ending a work period then starting a new one the order numbers are continuing instead of starting from 1

I think part of the problem is the number of digits and how it sorts. What if you started at 100 or 101?

this is expected as said before
Need leading 0s or as said maybe start at 100 would work.

Where should I add the leading 0’s exactly? I have tired it but did not work. I would really appreciate it if you can guide me. Thank you for your time.

[=F(TN(’{SETTING:ORDERNUMBER}’),’####’)] i though would have worked.

Can you show us your rules for setting the number at the beginning of the day and updating the order numbers?

Ok, I will try it again. Thank you

When I insert it this way Ticket Tag goes blank.

Not sure then and not got time atm to test on my dev system.
What about starting at 1000? That is similar endpoint.

Actually what I did was to create 2 different sequence of Order Numbers (1-999 = ORDERNUMBER and 1000+ = ORDERNUMBER2).

increase counter reset counter rule counter assign tag counter

Also let me add this; lets put the 1000+ number apart. The problem still persist after 9;

1-11-12-2-20-3-4-5-6-7 etc.

not sure this will work but try changing the #### to 0000 instead and see if the output is 0001, 0002, 0003 etc

Increase Daily counter should look like this, I think.

Your Action Reset Daily Counter is set to 0. If you want to 1000 you will have to put that value in the Settings Value (or what ever value you want it to reset to).

See if that will work the way you want to. You may not need to format the number (i.e. use the #### or 0000).

Yes, that will work. The Increase Update Type will also work. 2 paths to the same destination. :wink:

I have one set to 0 (ORDERNUMBER) and other one set to 999 (ORDERNUMBER2). At this point I dont have any problem with resetting or increasing but just sorting.

So are you saying the numbers should not overlap? Is this 2 tills/terminals

It works great, only schlepp is when it skips numbers lol.

If you using it across multiple terminals, try changing {:ORDERNUMBER} to {SETTING:ORDERNUMBER}

What we have done under Order Tag in our Ticket and Kitchen Template is add a D to prevent duplication of numbers so any terminals can reset to 1.

I.e

I’m confused…Are you using 2 different Order Numbers? Did you just add another Order Number to try out? Show us a screen shot of how it’s sorting with ORDERNUMBER2.